Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Five Below


We went to Five Below. Nope! not tempature, The Store. 
Ad appears in mailbox.

I explain to Bob it is a Five dollars and below STORE! 

I know where it is because my friend Lola said she bought a cell charger there.

I have Bob Captive in my Kia, he must go where I go. I seize the moment!

Five Below is in the same strip mall with PetSmart, and lucky US, we are across the street from it when we leave Hungry Howie's after our Thursday Lunch Out (my one day a week stuff carbs day) .

We hit PetSmart together. I prefer shopping there when I can pet the dogs and LOOK!
I only need Bob to LIFT the 30 pound bag of dog food.
I pet 3 dogs, stop to look at Stuff, he stands with hands behind his back. 
After check out, despite the LOUD question, Where Are You Going? I drive to the other end of the strip and we enter Five Below.

He can find nothing he is interested in, I am interested in EVERYTHING ! I love Techy Stuff and the place is crammed with it.
He stands at attention, with hands behind the back. You know,  "Waiting Mode", Man Style, used at family functions, funerals, and while I chat at the Y. 

First in my basket was the Bluetooth Speaker, only $5.55. (that is not below five, but I paid it)

I will use it with my Samsung Tablet at TOPS meetings. I spent an hour figuring out how  how to download YouTube exercise music into my Tablet. I needed it to play off line, because we have no Wi-Fi at our meeting place.
The thing is, after I figured it out, it takes SECONDS to do it..
Total purchases, three. 
I will go back without the Man.. 
I will go back without THE Man.



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been there,they have lots of stuff. The speaker looks sturdy and good.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Before I actually shopped there, I thought they sold stuff for cold weather like coats and boots. Imagine my surprise...

Ella said...

OMG ... the year has just begun and you're going shopping ?! 🛒
I also don't like to go shopping with my husband!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOL... oh I cackled at the man style waiting... good purchase. Happy listening! YAM xx

Ann said...

We have one of those stores in Erie (about a 1/2 hour drive) I've been in it once and now I may have to go back and take another look around. I hated taking Wade shopping with me. First it was almost impossible to get him to go and second when he did you could tell how disgusted and annoyed he was.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

There is some shopping I must do alone, I do not like shopping with my hubby. The speaker is cute, I hope all goes well. Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

As far as I know, we don't have 5 Below here. If Bud goes with me, shopping, I try to park where he can walk to his stores & I go to mine. Both happy shoppers. Now. Wishing we had YOUR store.

My Mind's Eye said...

We have a recently opened 5 below too...right next door to the Dollar store.
I haven't been in it yet.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

I wonder at times if we somehow aren't married to the same man - lol.
Yes we do have a Five Below here.
I try to tell the kids at home - if you learn it right the first time - it will be easier to use all the time.
Guess what - they know that already! lol

Mevely317 said...

Hahahaha! I can just visualize Bob standing with hands behind his back. Pretty sure I've seen a "Five Below" signage SOMEWHERE in the vicinity. Gotta confess, I'd no idea what it was. Thinking a bar with a similar name in Las Vegas --

Everything -- including the stools -- is made from ice. A few years ago during a particularly brutal Phoenix summer, I wanted to go, but Tom... no dice. I understand they only allow you inside for a little while; and that, after they bundle you up in a parka and fur hat. Sorry, I'm beginning to babble off-topic! Great find on the little Bluetooth speaker!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wow...now that's a good deal!! Great find...and yes, next time leave the MAN at home LOL!

Rose said...

Can I come with you? I get big, deep sighs...

Ruth Hiebert said...

That would not be a good place for me. I would leave too much of my money there, no doubt.

LC said...

We don't have that in our area. We do have stores with STUFF and menfolks who assumes the Man Style Waiting position. Thanks for sending some of that good medicine my way. Still chuckling.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never been in and under five store. Think I will google and see if there one less 100 miles from me.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have one of those 5 Below store here and admittedly I have only been in it only 3 times. My purchases were a couple of cell phone cases and books. It was fun to look around and there were a lot of techy things. How did your blue tooth speaker work as you didn’t say. And, next time, leaving Bob home would be better.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I haven't seen a five below store here but I have seen the other stores like 99 cents and the dollar store. Mark hates shopping with me!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I love tech stuff too. Enjoy.