Monday, May 4, 2020

Life! A barrel of PHUN


New Flash! Our life has been a barrel of PHUN the past week. I have been  Missing due to unexpected circumstance NOT related to Covid-19. Thank You Lord, for that.

Instead of details, I will give the SHORT version. HA! if you believe I CAN!

 Pains in my shoulder, due to dumb moves of excercises plus top knuckle pains in both hands, dropping things, electric like pains when holding things in my hands.

Video Conference with my Primary today! I was freaking out but it turned out to be a simple thing. I could see her, she could see me and we could hear each other. My video call was set for 9 am, they called at 8:40 and asked I was ready.. what's to be ready, I was in my gown with no makeup.

NO WAITING IN OFFICE FOR HOURS.

She doesn't want me to come in for the adjustment that she has done in the past, on my shoulder.

she is calling me steroids and muscle relaxer to try for five days, if pain doesn't get better, then I don the MASK and visit the office.  She ordered bloodwork because she thinks I have RA- the dread Rheumatoid Arthritis .

I have had Osteoarthritis for many years, this is much different. I had already formed MY diagnosis with my ITMD, Internet Medical Doctor.... RA and I hope we are both wrong.

now to survive a visit to the blood lab for the RA test with out getting C19.. she said twice, go at a non busy time, do not touch, do not get close, be very careful. Stay Home. But go get test, go pick up prescriptions... YOWSA! 

I will let you know when I am all the way back.. TYPING hurts' shoulder and hand. We Shall See...

I may try reading posts and just copy and paste Sandra Was Here.. So far I can READ without pain. If you get a silly reply to your post you will know it was me and why. Trying to find a way to blog/comment with less use of hand/shoulder.

I miss all of you like I lost my right arm. BTW all this is in my right arm/hand and talk about PHUN, Bob pulled a muscle in his shoulder and can't use his right hand/arm... yanking a root out of the ground last week and 3 days ago poking a plane out of a tree...

I told him he could have at least hurt the left arm so we could be a PAIR....

27 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Having lived with RA for 45 years, I don't blame you for not wanting it!!! What to do, eh? Keep plugging along - and silly answers are just fine!!! YAM xx

Rose said...

Glad this part is over...I hope the steroids and exercises work. You would not believe how much I have had you on my mind

Mevely317 said...

Happy to know your sense of humor's still intact! :)

Ya on the osteoarthritis. Me, too. Mostly, I hate no longer being able to see a chiropractor. I don't know much about RA, but will pray that test comes back negative!
I'd be uneasy about visiting a lab, as well. But 'left brain' over here says consider the statistics; plus those employees are just as concerned about keeping everything sterilized.

PS - I wonder, could you post via the voice-activated feature on your phone?

Inger said...

I was so happy to see your post on my Kindle. I had to go to my computer so I could write a proper comment. Your humor is still intact, which must be a good sign. The lab probably has safety procedures that are better than most places, maybe you could call ahead and find out. I hope the medicines will work. I so want to say: Don't worry about RA, wait until you find out. But I know it's so very difficult to not worry, so I typed it in, because I care, but worry on, it's in our nature.

Please don't worry about commenting on my blog. I know you will read it, that's enough. Sending lots of love to you.

Ella said...

I'm so glad you made a post anyway!
And now just hope the doctor's recommendation will help!
Sending lots of hugs! Get well soon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad to see your post. I hope the meds work for you, at least some. Sounds like good advice from the doctor. Sending hugs and well wishes for you and Bob.

Linda said...

I've missed you but have been faithful tp pray for your health and now I will continue to do so and add prayers thta it is not RA. My brother, Lonnie, has that....
Do not bother about commenting! We all love you and just want to remain a part of your life and you of ours!

Linda P said...

When you have a new or even an ongoing medical issue it's tiring getting a diagnosis or further treatment when you have to comply with social distancing when getting tests. Sorry to hear Bob has got an injury so double trouble. We have been told here that we must phone medics if something is not right as it could be something serious. Let's not hope so for you but get checked out. I like emojis because they can convey meaning with few words so hope to hear all is well with a thumbs up, love Linda.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Ow! That all sounds miserable. I prescribe lots of rest with Nurse BB to keep you comfortable.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sending you an e-mail, read it ALL.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sending prayers in hopes that, no matter what it is, the pain lessens!

Ann said...

Like everyone else I've missed your posts but totally understand why you aren't.
Hoping all goes well

Chatty Crone said...

Well it is probably from over use of the computer. I have bone on bone in both my thumbs- got steroid shots and they helped but didn't last.
I hope your meds work for you.
If you have to go in - you know to wear your mask - gloves - and make sure they are doing the same.
Rest it awhile.
We understand.
sandie

LC said...

Ouch! Hope both of you get some relief.

CheerfulMonk said...

Heaps of hugs and best wishes, and fingers crossed! Don't worry about commenting, or if you do a simple emoji is more than enough. Thank you for letting us know what's going on. Your sense of humor always brightens my day, even when the news might be scary. It's our way of fighting back -- indomitable spirit and all that.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I hope you can get relief .I have arthritis in my hands and I think in my shoulders as well, so i'm constantly trying different positions so as not to hurt myself.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You take care and rest. We are not going anywhere! ((Hugs)) Glad that you were able to video with your doctor.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read about your shoulder pains, Sandra, and hope the meds help. I have been having pains in my right shoulder starting a few weeks ago and fear it may also be some form of arthritis but haven't seen my primary nurse practitioner to find out. I take a single OTC pain reliever a day and it seems to help. Take it easy and visit when you can. You will be forgiven for not commenting.

The Happy Whisk said...

I am sorry you hurt and I hope it is no RA.

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry you've been in such pain with it all. Hope you get a better diagnosis than the one you are expecting.

diane b said...

Oh dear that is bad news. To hear that you are in so much pain and you have to go out and dodge the virus.Good luck with the results and the outdoor expedition.Keep smiling.

Hootin Anni said...

Just stress of it all (doctor's, meds & Bob too) doesn't help any. You take it easy. And hope the meds work!

easyweimaraner said...

we send lots of pawsitive thoughts and we hope the meds will help...

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh No Sandra...I was by yesterday very early no post. I'm sorry I missed this
and I am VERY sorry about the horrible pain. I sure do hope the steroids help. Sitting all day probably is BAD for all of us blog addicts.
Healing hugs to you and Bob as you try to regain use of both arms.
Cecilia

Zoolatry said...

Remember friend, all our blogging is "blogging without obligation" ... get better, be better ... we will all be here when you're here!

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Feel better soon.

KB said...

Oh no. I really hope that you can get better without going to any medical place. Stay away, RA. I am thinking of you.