Saturday, February 6, 2021

Halo = Caturday Art

 


Halo to all of you. I was standing at the counter, peeling a halo orange.

 I thought, show this to my blog friends. My daddy taught me how to peel and orange. 
Cut a score all the way around and cut another one, then peel each corner down. 
The peeling at the top was one I peeled for Bob and Beau. We all three love these oranges.
I tapped the cell phone and got the above photo, and then I tapped something and something else and it showed me I could add to PicMonkey app.



then I tapped that and it said do you want to remove the background? tap where you want to remove it.

I was shocked! I say Shocked! because on my computer it says NOPE you can't remove background unless to buy pro.
It not only removed it, but made the background black
no idea how I did it.
then I went to the computer and rotated it


Then I dragged the curves thingy and made the background white, and
when I came to my self, below is what I had....
PS... the timer went off for me to get up and I did NOT GET UP...
somethings are just to important to be interrupted.






15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, you are an accidental inventor. You create things even when you are not trying! Nicely done!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh yes, PHUN PHUN PHUN!!! That's a fresh and zingy take you ended up with &*> YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Cool!! But wait...Beau eats oranges?!!

Ann said...

This is really cool and fun. How could you stop at the timer, you were having so much fun discovering new things.
The really funny thing about this post is that I had a halo orange yesterday. I got the peel of in one piece and it was laying there in the sink. My first thought was, you need to take a picture of that to use as a blog post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love oranges too, I am surprised Beau likes oranges. Pretty image and edit.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...read your comment on Beau's fruit diet. We had a doxie when I was a kid...my dad came home with cheeseburgers for dinner one night & he bought one for the dog...our dog ate it ALL but the pickle slices. They were left in his bowl! I'll never forget it.

Martha said...

Love it, you always find fun photo editing stuff. It's funny that Beau likes oranges. I don't remember ever having a pup that ate fruit. Beefy loves veggies, even lettuce but not fruit.

Rose said...

The minute you said Halo, my mind went to the song Halo...

Mevely317 said...

You'll never catch me eating an orange -- yet it's one of my favorite colors. And now, I can't wait to try this background be-gone trick with my phone --before PicMonkey discovers that loop hole.

Inger said...

My head is spinning with all your discoveries. And you dog eats oranges? Must be because he's a Florida dog.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Who knew that there could be so much photo fun in a halo orange? Thanks Sandra for sharing all your discoveries and while I don't use the app you've described here, I did like seeing your results especially the black background and the final art.
Thanks too for the recent birthday wishes which were much appreciated!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Go onto YouTube and type in tangerine peeled like a horse. Thank for the advice from your dad. Mark eats them everyday. They definitely peel easier than an orange.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautifully done! Great photos and effect. You also taught me something about peeling oranges. I am going to try that next time I have one.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Now you have made Mom hungry for a Halo or two:) That is very nice art. Mom is going to have to get that PicMonkey app.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Carol Henstra said...

oh your so funny. You can get the most magic out of your computer cant you.