Friday, April 2, 2021

Jacaranda Tree

 



Both times I stood under this tree it was full of song birds. My research tells me they were Common Blackbirds. 
the only black birds i have seen and know are BIG and LOUD and CAW.
these were song birds. It says here they are song birds.
It was a whole flock.
photo from Wikipedia HERE for song

Common Blackbird. Not so Common to me.


Cell phones do not take photos of tiny black birds in a big tree.



I  learned where all our Lizards have disappeared to. I saw one of these birds with a 3 inch lizard i his beak...
 This is a Jacaranda Tree.
Click HERE to see what it will look like in full bloom. 



8 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

true... my sparrow are only black ducks... phones are not berd friendly lol

Ginny Hartzler said...

The birds eat the lizards? Which birds, the blackbirds or the crows? The tree is beautiful! Bird songs make the world happier.

Linda said...

The songs are pretty!!

Hootin Anni said...

No need to see the tree in bloom. We had them in abundance in Tucson. They're gorgeous. I would really enjoy this walk with you.

Rose said...

So, which would you rather have...the birds or the lizards? Those trees are beautiful in bloom.

My Mind's Eye said...

Amazing how well wildlife is camouflaged and so very hard to see....well except for those annoying big loud black crows.
I'm sorry the lizard were on the lunch menu
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

I'm surprised that blackbirds eat lizards. I thought they were seed eaters...obviously I am wrong. I love the sound of song birds in the morning.
Love the Jacaranda color in bloom but oh my , they sure can stain the sidewalk with their petals.
I too get frustrated with the zoom capabilities of my cell. I have missed some humdingers.
I am going for a few hours to my eldercare commitment.
Dave will be alright for that amount of time.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, great photos and I guess they will eat anything if they are hungry enough :)