Friday, March 19, 2021

Plumber Day 2


New Faucet works great, no drips and loving it

Continued from yesterday post... Day 2, 
One hour before the plumber came, a woman ran up our sidewalk, laid the faucet on the porch and ran o her car and drove off.
It had been opened. who knows why she kept it for 5 days..

The plumber removed the knob, as you can see below, that is the hole waiting to be filled.
He wanted to cut out the wall in the other bathroom, and wanted to add a whole new faucet, with new Stuff.
Bob did not want the wall opened, he said it is just a drip, it was more than a drip, but that is another story.
The plumber left at 7:30 and told me to find a faucet, I said I have no clue, we went to the computer, could not find one. When he left, he said when you have the new faucet in hand call me and I will schedule to install it.

 

 After MUCH loud discussion with the other half, we decided I would return the extra faucet to Home Depot, get my refund, and go to Wymans Plumbing, a very large one that sells parts and does plumbing and see if they could order what we need.

My first clue that I had gone MAD, was as I backed out of the garage my foot that had no shoe on it pressed down on the brake and I had to go back in the house for shoes.

I drove to Wymans first, and as I got out of the car I realized I had left my wallet on the counter at home.  

Which meant I had driven in rush hour traffic on Cortez RD, which is THE NUMBER 1 Street for accidents and the most deaths each year. 

Without my drivers license.

I showed the man the bag of goodies and asked if had one and he said I am about to place and order, I can order one and have it here on Monday. 

I had to tell him I did not have my debit card. 

I said I want to show you the photo of the hole. Guess where the phone was ?

in the car, I run to the car , he orders the part, I leave and drive HOME to get the card to return the faucet.

I race in the door, grab the wallet, and back out, return the faucet and back home.

 Bob says did you make an appointment for Wymans to install those parts???

What do you think?  I

I call the store, she says how about Monday at 10. I hung up and while writing on the calendar I remember the man who ordered it said it SHOULD be in his store Monday. 

I frantically called the lady back and she said I was just about to dial your number. 

laughing loudly like the idiot I may be, I said that is why I called. She said no problem, lets make it 10 am on Tuesday. YAY! 

Wait! I say, I have a doctor appointment at 11 that day... she made it for between 1 and 4 Tuesday pm, which is the same time the other plumber was supposed to be here. We all know how that worked out.

WE WAIT! Will the knobby thingy come in on Monday? Does Wymans use FedEx? Will it get snow bound or hit by a tornado on the way here??????????? Stay tuned. we might here the rest of the story on next Wed which is supposed to be Wordless.......😁😀😀






27 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is so full of suspense and twists and turns that I can barely follow it! But it looks like hopefully, your running aorund is done, and all you have to do is wait till Tuesday. IF you're not mad as a hatter by then. Know where that saying comes from? The chemicals that hatters used to make the hats gave them brain problems.

CheerfulMonk said...

It's just overwhelm, not mercury poisoning, so it's not permanent. But I'm sorry it's happening at all.

Tigger's Mum said...

LOL. Did you set all that up to have an amusing blog to post? To convince us you are losing it as much your blog title suggests? or just to prove we can get out of practise at juggling in our heads if we stay locked down and isolated for too long? Good laugh anyway. We hope the knobby bits arrive in time....F&MrT

easyweimaraner said...

wow that woman LOL plumber things are special, maybe therefore nintendo picked two plumbers with Super Mario and Luigi? Our plumber was Mark and... well nuff said hahahahaha

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That's the sort of stuff that escalates, right? We get so frustrated with ourselves and then nothing, NOTHING goes the way it's supposed to... sigh... now you have us all in suspense and waiting with you!!! YAM xx

Ella said...

I really did not expect that you will have to experience so much by changing a kitchen faucet ...
Hugs!

crafty cat corner said...

Wow, I'm palpitating here just reading your account of things.
Why is everything so difficult now, I used to sail through problems when I was younger but the simplest thing now seems like a monster .
Hope it all comes together for you.
Briony
x

Ann said...

The running out of the house without the wallet sounds like something I would do. I went to leave the other day to go somewhere and had to run back in the house twice for something I forgot.
I sure hope the rest of this goes smoothly for you. This sure has been a drama for you

Rose said...

The plot thickens! And if you could only see what these fat fingers sometimes type, you could write a post that had everyone laughing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You must have been worked up to leave you home with out your shoes and then your wallet.
I hope and pray all goes well with the new plumbing job. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

Lord have mercy!!!

Martha said...

It's always one thing after the other. I hope somehow everything goes smoothly from here on out!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have certainly turned the faucet search into quite an interesting post, Sandra. We will be waiting for the sequel

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an ordeal! I hope it all works out for the best! It's always something...isn't it? Take care of yourself! All of this pressure can't be good for you...so I'm sending a hug! HUGS!!!

My Mind's Eye said...

What the heck was up with that drive by drop off. Obviously she 'thought' she keep it but it didn't fit. Dang
No shoes LOL
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

What a shiny faucet! It seriously gleams!

Okay, I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm having trouble keeping a straight face. (Lucille Ball, move over!)
That's sure disappointing about the lady who waited so long to bring you the faucet. SOME people .... smh.

Not a debit or credit card, but I wondering if you could take a cell phone pix of your drivers license; and would anyone accept that? Things that make me go 'hmmmmm.'

Inger said...

You have a gift: Making what must have been a difficult time for you into a hilarious one for your friends here. I will giggle for quite a while as I move on to the next blog to read. May it be about your dog?

photowannabe said...

Good Grief...and the saga continues...Never a dull moment at your house. I REALLY DO HOPE IT ALL COMES IN THE WAY YOU WANT TO DO.
I still don't know when Dave will come home..perhaps after there has been some consutations we will know more.
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do hope this has a happy ending and does not take too long. I am waiting to have my bathroom renovated, but have to wait for the tub. It was ordered weeks ago and now they say it will be the end of april before it gets here.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a cliff hanger!!! I also hope the story has a happy ending!!!

Linda said...

I feel your pain! I can't even talk about what's going on down here yet!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you got the faucet back and were able to return the other one. Your new faucet looks nice. What a mess figuring all of that out but thankfully you did it and come Tuesday afternoon it will be fixed.

diane b said...

Oh dear things even get worse. When you get flustered/stressed it is so easy to forget stuff. Keep calm and hopefully Part 3 will have good news.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

my goodness the plumbing repair and so forth is sure a magnitude of issues - as I read on the parts required disappeared in haze of the issues you had just getting to order the new part!
hoping by (your) Monday which is still a few days away - all goes to plan... and you are showing us the rest of the shiny new parts!

Betty Manousos said...

omg, what an ordeal! i also second Beatrice comment. i've said it before, and i'll say it again. you're an excellent writer, Sandra. glad your new faucet works great. and i really do hope the story has a happy ending!

enjoy your weekend!
xoxo

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Gee that forget thing has happened to hubby a lot. I no longer drive.But a feel your frustration.

DeniseinVA said...

Goodness, that's quite an ordeal just for a faucet. Good luck!