Thursday, April 22, 2021

Yellow House News.


IF you think you saw this on Fourpawsetc and commented, you did. I posted it on the wrong blog. 

Last week I show you the Yellow and a Aqua House Across the street! While out walking, I noticed a For Sale sign on another house accross from us, 2 over from the yellow.
I pulled out my phone and asked how much it was for sale for.
When it came up so did the Yellow House above.
The yellow house as a contract pending on it and NO WARNING that it was for sale.
It sold before they put up the sign, they just bought it a year ago. the aqua house just sold in Dec of 2020. It was white when they bought it.
SOOOO finally to get to the point.

the next morning while I walked Beau I counted 3 more Aqua Houses, and in the 3/4 of a mile of Beaus walk guess what I did?

3 Brick


3 shades of green


5 shades of Gray, did not get the other two. I did not take photos of the rest,
There were 7 beige and brown
4 more shades of gray
A dozen of so still WHITE.
ODD thing, the people who bought the yellow house, not the one above, painted it cream colored and added an Aqua Door.
I paid attention to the house that have sold in the past year and every single one of them was a COLOR not white... Can you see where I am going with my desire to paint the house aqua?
PS... I did the collages above all on my phone, uploaded to Google Photos and here they are

18 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the aqua and yellow houses. It seems like the housing market is hot right now, places are selling quickly here too. Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love our lavender house....a pretty shade of gray with a lavender tint to it in the sun. You live in a pretty neighborhood! Enjoy your day!

Martha said...

My favorite one is the aqua with the white detail, that's what I want with lots of pretty pink flowers in the landscape. I want to do a shell yard too like so many other here near the beach do. Grass just doesn't do well here, and who wants to mow anymore anyway?!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
That's quick turnaround on property - is it that developers are buying cheap, renovating and then selling high? That is happening a bit round here too... and housing is going up in price anyway as more folk are seeking to escape the city, or at least multi-storey living. YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Gray has become my 2nd favorite color. I like the style and porch of #2 gray
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

I love your colorful neighborhood!

Mevely317 said...

Wow on that quick sale!
I do the same thing when I see a nearby home -- to see what they're asking (and actually getting).

Okay, my #1 choice would be brick -- any red brick will do. But at the same time I'd be sorely tempted to go with the cool gray. Decisions, decisions!

photowannabe said...

Love the colors so perfect for Florida.
Our neighborhood is very conservative and neat and tidy.
What a fast turn around on the sales..there are very few homes for sale in our area and the realtors are so hungry for homes for their clients.
Very interesting market.
Sue

Rose said...

I wish I could give our house a makeover...but shoit, I cannot even keep the things done that need to be done.

CheerfulMonk said...

Thank you for the pictures! Our area isn’t nearly as interesting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Are you saying that the yellow house was bought only a year ago, and now it has been sold again? Now I want to know WHY. It would be easy for you to just paint your front door!! A certain shade of green is very popular now, our son just painted his front door that color. I LOVE seeing your neighborhood, it is so cool! So many interesting detals in the houses, and they are not all the same cookie color pattern, like in new developments. The last one looks like fake stone, the pattern is too regular. Count five from thebottom, and look at the fancy shutters! I want them, have never seen ones like them in home stores. One thing I really miss in all these houses is a porch! The one with all the palm trees may be my favorite, it has kind of a porch.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Maybe you should paint your house some fun color.

Ann said...

I've heard that right now is a sellers market. Houses are selling for more than they are worth which is good if you are the one selling. What I read was that the people who are buying will have a hard time when they go to resell. They won't be able to get out of them what they paid for them.
Interesting that all the houses that sold were some color. I like the looks of that last one with the gray and what looks like stone.

Inger said...

An aqua house would not look good here at my place. My tri-colored house is just right for the canyon landscape. But they certainly look very nice in the Florida landscape.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I think an aqua house would be lovely! We have many earth tones here, but most have turquoise or cobalt trim, and the tejas (the tiles on the roof) are often bright colors. Ours are "Home Depot" orange...I love that creamsicle door on the gray house! So pretty! If you paint your home aqua, what color will your door be?

Tigger's Mum said...

Leave yours white - pretty soon it will be the only white house in the neighbourhood - a real stand out. How do you manage to run TWO blogs? We struggle at times with one.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Definitely a colorful neighborhood.

DeniseinVA said...

wonderful neighborhood! I do like these prettily painted houses.