Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Bottom of Barrel 2

 


At the bottom of the barrel, I found Windows 11 and WHOOO BOY! The first thing I wanted to do was snip the screen to show you how they changed the start menu. 
Above you see my 26 inch desktop with the tiny Start menu. 
I found I could move the menu to the side but not make it bigger. Phooey!
I have adjusted to it quickly and might even like it when it becomes second nature.
I figured out how to put Beaus Photo to desktop. 1st things first! 
I wanted to snip the screen and remembered THEY said it would gone, they only meant its there you just have to find it.
it works, below is my first snip after print screen above
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN! Default was OF COURSE Edge browser and even on Chrome Browser the first page was Microsoft Bing. 
Microsoft has done everything it can to stop us from Using Google..

I fought the good fight and a few WORDS later and a lot of aggravation, I got that fixed.
I was back to my
Life In the Fast Lane and hating Windows 11, then I remembered I hated Windows 10 and hated each change all the way from Windows 95.
I thought Yay! all this will give me things to post about!
PLUS, I am getting Brain Exercise!
I then googled for Comments about Windows 11 and found this SITE
and the first words on it were
Windows 11 is simpler and more streamlined, but it's also not finished

It really is not bad, I just have to get all my customized things back like I like them. Most people would not even notice much difference
Annie asked if it is better, and I see very little difference one way or the other.
I assume it has things that I never use that might make others happy 
UPDATE! Do not download, It's horrible and dragging my fast computer down and drastically interfereing with PicMonkey.
I could kick myself for doing it. this post was done 3 days ago,
Wait until they are done with it.


19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am glad to know a bit about it! I have not gotten any offers yet to download it, maybe because my computer is too old.

Rose said...

It at least is not terrible!

CheerfulMonk said...

Thanks for the link. Andy has to use a PC for a program he uses to design circuits and has been having trouble printing things. He was thinking of installing Windows 11, so I just sent him a link to the review. Sounds like a good thing to avoid for him.

easyweimaraner said...

after fighting with all 11 versions I think billy gates named it windows because you have the feeling to throw the whole laptop out of it ;O))))))

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yup, as I was mumbling yesterday - trying to steal the territory of Chromebooks! I have to say:
a) there is absolutely no need to download 11 unless you absolutely have to be up with the crowd; Win 10 is good for at least another three years... remember on Voovoo the Vaio, I still work with Win 7 and it is only because the hardware is wearing out that I have updated machines (and, therefore, operating systems)
b) unless one is desperate to use the Microsoft suite (Excel, Word etc), there is really no need now to stick with them at all because
c) from my short acquaintance, MS have reason to be worried at the uptake of Chrome OS - and I am already wondering if I could ever be tempted back to Windows... indeed, I am already thinking that when it comes time to fully update from Voovoo, I will be looking for Chrome OS!!!

It is fun to have something to get the little grey cells firing though, isn't it?! YAM xx

Ann said...

I didn't notice any difference other than the start menu and that Edge is now the default browser.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
If there is little difference why bother with the new download?
As long as the default browser can be changed to one you really want to use.

Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

So updating to 11 isn't much change and having to customize again really doesn't sound worth the effort for me right now. Thanks for your critique.

My Mind's Eye said...

No worries about me downloading it. But thanks for the warning.
Absolutely anything I do on the computer like that is done via Geek Squad. We have a service contract with them and it is worth every penny.
Good luck
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

YOU know I'm terrified of all things related to techo-change -- but now I'm feeling oddly reassured.

So glad you mentioned the Edge v. Chrome! Imagine my surprise (disgust) when one day I tried logging into my bank accounts on Chrome and everything looked encrypted. Super-sized. Immediately went to the worst-case scenario, I'd been hacked. But no. Edge assured me, all is well. Half the time it works in Chrome, the next day it doesn't. Mine being an ostrich-in-the-sand mindset, I'm going to borrow a line from Scarlett O'Hara and worry about this tomorrow. Maybe next year.

Chatty Crone said...

So basically don't install it - I won't!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I got kind of lost reading this. You know so much more than I do. My old laptop has Windows 10 and once I learned it I've been okay with it.

photowannabe said...

It's like every 6 months there is the new and improved phone, software,more bells and whistles...
I will stick with my Mac and Crome until it dies..
Ignorance can be bliss sometimes Haha
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sorry that you have so many computer woes. I only have Mac and it's working for me.

Breathtaking said...

Hi Sandra, :=) I'm not changing, if there is very little difference between 10 and 11 I'm definitely sticking with 10.

Hootin Anni said...

Thanks for the addendum! Much appreciated.

Grandma C said...

Your daring and brave. My son did his update yesterday because of a computer issue and wishing he hadn't, as a budding photographer this is his nightmare. I am hoping he can solve his problems. My computer is to old to play this update game so I am safe for now.
Good Luck to those who dare, you have my sympathies.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

At times like these, I am very glad I switched to an Apple computer.....

I hope things straighten out for you soon!!

DeniseinVA said...

We are living in a world of change. I really don't do change well but I guess we're moving on whether we like it or not :)