Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Good News is HERE

 



Thursday, I crawled out of bed at 4:07 AM which was an hour past when I usually get up, took my pills with water and wanted to CRY!
I was due at 7:30 to have fasting lab blood drawn. 
NO Coffee? No Mint Tea! No food. I can take the no food, but I get a serious headache if  I don't have a few sips of coffee. Yep! Addiction! 
Also sip warm Mint tea during the night and never put anything in the IBS stomach until after sipping mint tea.
I visited all of you while waiting the 3 hours until I could go to the lab, put a piece of french bread and my coffee in the car  and went to the doctors office for lab work for the first time.
Remember Quest Lab Visit for Bob?
This was the lab at my primary doctor office.

Appt was 7:30, I walked in at 7:15, did not even have to sit down, she said are you her for lab draw?
Come with me, sit right there, first and last name please, verify your DOB and insurance.
Which arm do you prefer and Voila, 5 minutes before my appointed time I walked out the door giving her a gold star for the best blood draw ever.

Debbie from Just Breathe, had told me she read on the internet that black coffee is allowed now when fasting. I said I will verify that and let you know.
Before i could ask the nurse about the coffee, I said I have a caffiene headache and she said
Do you know you can have black coffee and black tea when fasting?


I can soak my tummy in Mint Tea

I can sip my coffee.
I just hope they don't change the rules again before I go again in a year.

I am thinking I am not addicted to coffee, but maybe it is addicted to me. 
OR maybe we are just in a close committed relationship






22 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

All sorts of good news! Hurray!

easyweimaraner said...

yay for the good news!!! and yay for coffee at all times and everywhere ... a morning without coffee is no morning for me... more a moa-ning ;O)

Ann said...

I've had a couple appointments like that where I leave before my scheduled appointment. Gotta love when that happens. I did know about being able to have black coffee before blood work because they told me before the last time I went. Problem is I can't stand black coffee. I need to at least have my stevia in it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Wow, that was a quick visit. It is good news to know you can have black coffee and tea while fasting. I did not know that, thanks!
Take care, have a great day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well illustrated!!! Isn't it great when things all come together into a positive position?!! YAM xx

Rose said...

That was so good not to have to sit and wait...and wonderful that you can have black coffee before next time.

Hootin Anni said...

Not a coffee drinker myself, but Bud will be over the moon happy to hear this!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Glad it is all over. So you can drink coffee now - thanks for the tip. If Kelly doesn't have some caffeine in the morning - she gets migraines.

Mevely317 said...

Close Committed Relationship -- yep, I'm right there! Bestie in a cup!
I'd heard that about black coffee a few years ago -- but I still say something to the tech before sticking out my arm. Just in case.

photowannabe said...

Well yay!!!
I didn't know about the coffee and tea being ok.
I guess maybe I'm addicted too. That morning cup is the very best for starting my day.
Sounds like this lab work place is a winner for you.
Sue

DawnTreader said...

I don't drink coffee but I do start every morning with a cup of tea at breakfast. I recognise the agony of fasting lab tests... In later years at least I've been allowed to drink water (sometimes in the past I also had to abstain from that)

Ginny Hartzler said...

WELL....Here goes!! First, for YEARS, my many doctors have told me I can have black coffee and tea (no sugar even) before blood work!! Yours were all remiss for not telling you years ago! Since this has been going on so long, I think they will not change it, unless you need some kind of special test. I want to know your results when you get them. Do you have something like MyChart, you get tests and doctor things thru e-mail? I do. I just had mine done about a week ago. You have outdone yourself today! This is like reading the best, most fancy comic strip ever. You have even somehow made yourself look sleepy in your first photo, without even closing your eyes!! You are an avatar master.

My Mind's Eye said...

That is excellent news about black coffee. That is how I drink it. I'll remember in Sept. that is my annual lab
I love your graphics
Hugs Cecilia

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I just love a happy ending LOL! What a great story Sandra, and the graphics were perfect!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Well, that is good news all around.

NanaDiana said...

Glad you got that done. I always have black coffee before labs. It is the only thing they allow. It doesn't cause spikes in any areas.
Hope you have a great rest of the week! xo Diana

DeniseinVA said...

That is good news, happy for you :)

Linda said...

Really good news!! I have a primary care visit in the morning and will not make my coffee tonight since I no longer drink it black but with a lot of cream now. Louis Dean tells the waitress when we are ordering coffee in a restaurant - "just bring her the cow!"

Tigger's Mum said...

We power read our way through posts yesterday but didn't manage comments - F gave up coffee (and red wine) in April in order to get the best results out of a process for whitening her teeth. She resolved it would last until end of May. She has had the occasional coffee (socially it can't be avoided in Greece), but has managed to put up with camomile, mint, mountain tea and lemon verbena (and red bush) .... yes the headaches were a nuisance, and she has been doing a lot of breathing in the smell of coffee (which she reckons is even better than the taste but way to fleeting.) She likes your good news. xxx mr T

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

i hear you on the needing a cup of coffee in the a.m. Sandra, and your morning starts a whole lot earlier than my own which is at 6 am when I go to the gym

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so glad I mentioned it to you. How awesome that your appointment went so well and you didn't have to wait at all.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

in the process of my gut troubles, I discovered that I can't have coffee, let alone hot chocolate. Although go figure I can manage iced chocolate... I appear to be allergic to the caffeine in that particular beverage. Plus I've picked up some other food intolerances to add to my woes. Getting used to things that are no longer on my menu - and getting way better.