Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Sanitary Sewer Savior


Bob was standing brushing the pool and had been outside working for 2 hours. Grabbing a glass of water, I stepped out the door and yelled Do You Want Water?
While the words left my mouth, I realized Bob was standing right under a man on the other side of the fence. 
Neither of them heard me, I jumped back in the house to grab the cell phone and went back, and Bob had moved to the other end.
This is a city worker, and there is a manhole below that silver bucket,
 right up against the back of our fence. 


 
This is what I saw for 6 hours that day, everytime I went in the kitchen.
The title of Sanitary Sewer came from the metal piece in the ground has that written on it.
And what better way to be saved from unsanitary sewers. 



looking at him through the blinds in the window... ALL DAY. the city has an easment back there for all utilities, water, sewer, electric and cable... 





12 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Looks so nice there and warm. Is it warm there? Funny when they can't hear. Good thing you had a cell phone.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Every city and town needs its sewer saviour! YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

What a sight! So glad you were dressed when you stepped out. (heh-heh)
Wouldn't it have been funny if he had heard you and said, "Why yes I would, thank you."

photowannabe said...

Mevely made me giggle at her remark about maybe a response from the Savior..haha
That's not a job I would like to do but glad they are solving whatever problem there was...Don't need any "backwash" coming in your yard.
Happy you are blogging a little. It's hard to stay away, isn't it?
I have to get myself in gear..I have a lot to do and no energy to do it.
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Something new to me, I have never heard of or seen such a thing. It almost looks like some kind of robot!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh that would have made me so nervous! Hope they finished.

Ann said...

I wonder if our sewers are sanitary around here. So was that guy up there in the same spot all day?

Rose said...

That would not be my job of choice.

Tigger's Mum said...

Sewer worker has to be the world's worst job, but we know for certain someone has to do it. Blocked drains are the pits. We had them for years at this house until one day F and Mr T used a power washer thing to clear the drains. The stuff that came out was unreal (disposable nappies etc). It seems that we are on the end of a line and it all backs up here if people further up put non-flushables down the drain. Mr T supervised the icky job a bit too closely and had to have his feet washed afterwards. Our problems were finally resolved when some trees next door got cut down. Their roots had invaded the drains and were causing blockages. Good to read you are back and applying your eye to the things going on in your neighbourhood. xxx mr T and F

DeniseinVA said...

I have not heard of this either. We don’t thank these guys enough for the work they do.

eileeninmd said...

Sewer Savior, that's a great job title.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a long time. Do you see that thing from your yard all the time?