Thursday, February 2, 2023

Found Treasure

 


There I was, walking with Beau down the street,
we came to a curb, there were two tables at our feet.
One end table and One coffee table
solid wood in perfect condition, not unstable.

We finished our walk and returned home,
we raced inside, and I said to Bob, Come.
I need your help, to put a table in the car,
come on, it's not that far.
I pointed at the end table, and lifting it in, he said the coffee table will not fit.
we will have to take this home and come back for it,
I said I don't want that table, just the end table will do.
We were home with the table before I could say Boo.
Sadly, the roadside treasure did not fit the space that I planned for it.
too wide and too tall, it just did not fit.
I thought about sitting it in our driveway.
to wait for someone else to take it away.
I stood in the door to my computer room,
thinking I could use it as a side table, I could do it soon.
  Three hours later, the job  was done.
A simple task, to switch the computer to the other wall,
but while unplugging, plugging, dusting , I decided to organize it all.
Donate this, toss that, and soon the stuff covered the bed.
Do I need this? Should I just shred?
I thought I was done, but then shook my head.
The table looked deserted, next to a big gap.
I did a face slap!
Aha i thought, I will move the chair
which left an empty space in the living room, I yanked on my hair.
It took all morning, but the room is clean,and there is no reason to despair.
I stood in thought, staring at the empty spot
the place by the TV,  the space where the chair was not!
 I spent the whole morning working because I saw a table at the curb.
I decided this should not my mind disturb.
I don't really care for it, but it was FREE!
and my last thought was that it provided a post for ME!
And the room is clean. 

PS..Bob still doesn't understand why I did not put it in the place I wanted it because it was too tall, too wide and did not FIT the space.
To Him It Fits Wherever it Sits!


PSS....  the bed is a trundle and doesn't sink in the middle. Panorama did it.
the Rocker came from the curb in 2002 but I paid 75 dollars for it.
Investment I thought.
 See last below.
Baby Girl was 4 months old when she chewed the rocker off and devalued the chair. She also ate my drivers license and a 125.00 check. 



19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It all looks really good there! And the table is pretty with the glasstop. I remember a few posts ago, you mentioned moving something out of the living room, and I wondered wHY. In fact, I almost asked you. Naughty Baby. My dog Paully ate the head off of my Paul Mccartney doll, Midol, and a double edged razor blade. Did not get a single cut in her mouth.

easyweimaraner said...

congrats you two are the best treasure hunters!!! we love it! ... the most expensive hredding was done by easy, a passport and a pair of overprised shoes ... but we try to break that record LOL

Ann said...

You might not like it but I think it looks good in the room. I had a rocker that one of the dogs I had chewed just like Baby Girl did yours.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The new found treasure looks good in the room next to the bed and the rocker.
We have various places around the house that our old dogs chewed on. Our old lab Sunshine ate my husband's hearing aid that was on the night stand. Take care, have a happy day!

Rose said...

Oh, my, Baby Girl had expensive tastes.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Good work that woman! It's a pretty wee table and I totally understand why you wanted to rehome it! YAM xx

NanaDiana said...

Best laid plans of mice and men....and, that being said, men never 'get it'. I had a dog chew a rocker off, too, one time. Crazy!
Have a wonderful Thursday-xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

I think that is so wonderful how you put things out and can take. I really do like the table and what you did with it.

Hootin Anni said...

BabyGirl had an expensive taste!!!

You two are brave, I don't think I'd pick up anything from the curb. Don't know where it's been

My Mind's Eye said...

BOL to Anni's comment about Baby Girl having expensive taste. I put an entire weight set and bench on the curb years ago with a free sign. I happened to be watching when a teenage boy and his dad loaded it into a truck. In my mind's eye that young boy went on to play sports and train.
Hugs cecilia

Mevely317 said...

... and no blogger was injured in the process? THAT's a win-win day!
Your computer room looks so cozy. I'm in love with the spread on your trundle. I've one, as well, sitting behind me but I've come to loathe it. I'd like to redo the whole room, but need to find a strong someone to man-handle.

PS - Our girls did the same thing to my grandmother's rocker. One on each side.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think it looks great. Yes, it was a lot of work but you did accomplish a lot.

photowannabe said...

HaHa, that turned out to be an expensive rocker.
I love when we can find treasures at the curb. We found a great bookcase cubby around the corner from us. It's perfect for our Disney collectibles to be showcased.
Love how you made everything rhyme and I think your table is perfect.
We are constantly looking for 2 very low closing door cabinets. I need a place that doesn't look like a bunch of junk to "store " my desk things...instead of the dining room table...I definitely don't want to pay what even the cheap stores are asking..so I wait and continue to "pile". Sandra, it would drive you nuts!! Actually it does me too. HaHa
Looking forward to our younger son coming for a few days..That will be plenty of fodder for some blog posts.
Sue

Linda said...

That Baby Girl was EXPENSIVE!!!!
We got a chest of drawers this week.
We ALAYS slow down and look at the curb's offerings every week. It's not often we actually partake of one but I love FREE!!!!

CheerfulMonk said...

What a lot of work, but the results are great. That's such an easy way of rehoming things. ❤️

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra :=) I like your table with the glass top. Here in Portugal we don't have this habit of curb free furniture. I enjoyed your rhyming post and like you say, your house got a good cleaning.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Free is a good thing, but only if you can find a use for the item, and it looks like you certainly did, Sandra.

DawnTreader said...

I was half way through you text when I noticed you were RHYMING! And the table looks good with the rocker.

DeniseinVA said...

What a great find! Great rhythm to your prose :) I have scrawps and scratches from our dog years ago. Remember not being too happy about them at the time but now she's gone I haven't been able to get rid of them as I go and say awwww every time I take the tablecloth off for washing!