Saturday, April 1, 2023

Tech Nightmare


When things TECHIE go awry, with no reason known for it, I can't stop until I fix whatever it is.
2 days ago, I received a text while in the living room and Remote Man had the TV blasting and I could not use the talk to text to answer the incoming.

I started to type the answer slowly, since I can't type worth a darn on that tiny keyboard, and the phone spoke LOULY and clearly
E.V.E.R.Y. L.E.T.T.E.R. I.T.Y.P.E.D
Bob said What the H#@$ is that?
I went to the bedroom and 30 minutes later had a huge headache. I did not know what, how had changed and could not find a way to make it STOP!
2 days later, I typed
Why does my Samsung say every letter I type in my A10e?
Google Girl told me how to fix it by speaking.
I COULD FIND NOTHING ANYWHERE THAT SHE MENTIONED.
I ask the question in different ways.
Fiannly came to the BIG DESK TOP SCREEN
and asked again. UNDER People also ask I found these

Why does my Samsung say every letter I type?

1 Solution

Open settings. Click on Accessibility. Click on Advanced settings. Check that "Speak keyboard input aloud" is turned (I WOULD BUT COULD NOT FIND IT ANYWHERE ON THE PHONE)

How do I stop keyboard from sounding out the letters that I type Samsung?

Solution

Go to settings.

Select Language and Input.

At the keyboard settings tab, select configure input methods.

At Android keyboard, select Settings.

Uncheck Sound on keypress.  (NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ON THE PHONE)

In Desperation before I threw the phone to the 8 foot deep end of the pool, I said out loud

Hey Google, Turnoff Talkback... GG (google girl) said doing it now. DONE!

I tested by typing and she continued to READ EACH LETTER LOUDLY

As I started to rant and rave and curse GG out loud, I glanced down at the phone

and saw these words. Tap here to turn off something and I did and it worked.

NOW I HAVE no clue what I did, and also what may have been turned on that will come back to bite me in the near future.

For Now It is fixed...

Come On MURPHY 

Bring. IT. On. 


IT IS APRIL, SO


AND THIS IS NOT A

JOKE

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! 

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! 

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! 







18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

For just a second, I thought it WAS an April Fools joke! Well, all that matters is that once again, you fixed it!!! But maybe the most frustrating fix you have ever undertaken! I love YOU as a jack-in-the-box!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yuck! Fingers crossed you will be problem-free for a while.

Cathy said...

If nothing- life in your house is never dull😊

Anni said...

Hooray!!

Tigger's Mum said...

That was way to elaboarate and too full of frustration to be a joke. We feel your pain. In fact just reading it had F grabbing her snooky blanket and cringing in a corner. I, the Tigger, am above such frustrations. I employ humans to fix them. Xxx Mr T

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Sandra

Happy April to you! Wow, I am so glad you were able to fix the problem. Sounds stressful. Usually I have to fix my hubby's phone when he hits a wrong button or changes the settings. Take care, have a happy weekend.

Rose said...

You have such fun times! I do, too, every now and then.

Ann said...

That is so frustrating. I've had things happen on my phone and when I look for the answer I can't find what they're talking about on my phone.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
😬 could you hear my teeth grinding for you??? YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

We never longer have a pool, but I'd be sorely tempted to lay it out on Chapman Road to be run over. And over. And over....

My Mind's Eye said...

when we bought our Highlander in 2014...we were told it had speak technology but we had to go thru a series of things to get it to recognize our voices etc. Well you know I'm Southern born and raised. I'm proud of my accent..in fact... there are fewer and fewer folks around the state with an accent. Anyway after many many attempts to get it to recognize my accent I gave up because I was about to spew HBO's words to it and I was 200% sure it would recognize them. Very happy you had techie help to turn off the aggravating noises
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

You know every time I turn the computer on - I see where something is changed - and it wasn't me!
Glad you fixed it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you were able to fix it. I don't talk to any of my things.

photowannabe said...

Brother!!!
This just exhausts me. I really can't plow through that kind of thing.
Glad its fixed for you..how ever it finally happened.
I have such a Love/Hate relationship with my techie stuff.
Hope your weekend goes well.
Sue

DawnTreader said...

Oh dear... You know we're kind of alike in that respect - drives me mad too when I can't figure out (or remember) how to do something. Or how I did it! ;)

The Happy Whisk said...

The xbox was doing that once after an update. Talking every click I made. YouTube Uni got it fixed quickly.

Sorry to read about your headache. Hope the rest of your week is smooth as silk.

Cheers & Boogie Boogie, Ivy.

Linda said...

God bless your heart! Tech things can drive us crazy and it's a short strip for me! I have 'fixed' things and have no way of knowing how I did it - and Louis Dean does the same. Maybe someday I need to have a techy person TEACH me stuff! You would be absolutely flabbergasted at what I do NOT know!!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Wow that can be tricky. It speaks for vision impaired and a tiny mark appears on the scream to turn it on and off which is weird since vision impaired would find it hard to see. It is an accessibility option on all modern phones but set up varies. What a way to start your April.