Monday, August 21, 2023

4 Stages of Makeup

 


the tube on the left is Cover Up for brown spots... quick coverage for walking the dog.  Before you think why bother, if I cover the spots, I SEE no one. If I leave the 4 big ugly brown spots uncovered, I come face to face with dog owners, neighbors who want to chat face to face. The man on the motorcycle doesn't count, he always waves as he blasts out of his driveway but is going so fast, he can't see spots. Time is 2 minutes.

Bottle is Makeup for Shopping, Doctor Appts, both types, video or in office, and GOING OUT! This is COVERAGE, wrinkles, spots, PORES etc... think It's OK to take a selfie coverage. 
Time is Five minutes. This one is rare because within an hour my allergies are KICKING.  Reminder to take eyedrops with me needed. 

Covergirl is powder that is a Quick Cover for long distance viewing, say 20 feet away. It is better than nothing, brown spot coverage and quickly applied. this also works for unexpected Face Time calls if I prop the phone up and don't get too close. 
Time is 30 seconds.
The Christina Cosmetic is powdered full coverage, ok for quick shopping trips where I run in for Milk, or pickup prescriptions and pray really hard I see no one who wants to talk face to face.
Time is 90 seconds.

Feel Free to Print this unless you are like my friend Jackie, who has no brown spots, beautiful skin and a wonderful new haircut. 
Jackie when she came home from her haircut this week


 My coverage for my hair cut is a HAT per Myra except hats hurt my head and it is triple digit heat.
I could use someone's input to make me not care if my face that is 3 weeks away from 79 years is covered or not. 
PS:  the black and white photo was colored, the color shows soap scum, turning photo black and white covers the scum, cutting out the color pic shows the Real Cover STUFF. I also wear baggy clothes to Cover the Sagging Body 

18 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I don't wear makeup and don't look in the mirror or take selfies. I also always wear a hat when I go out, and wear a mask when I go in a store. That's one reason I love blogging! No one judges me on my looks. 😊

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
In my much younger years (my early 20s), I went through a phase of full makeup. It was very much the trend of the 1980s. But I never could stand the claustrophobic feel of it, nor be bothered with all the removal nonsense. I've not worn any since then.

Nice hair-do, Jackie! YAM xx

easyweimaraner said...

oh we agree your friend looks fantabulous... and you too...

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I can honestly say that I never used makeup, nor do I plan to start!

DawnTreader said...

I've never used much makeup and now usually only on "special occasions". Very rarely for just going to the supermarket etc, and never when just going out for a walk. My hair is hopeless (thin and colourless these days) and I nearly always wear a hat of some kind anyway (with a brim to protect my eyes and face from either sun or rain and wind). Plus sunglasses outdoors when sunny, which makes eye makeup even more pointless... 😉

Ann said...

In the days when I did wear makeup it wasn't much. Now it's none at all. The only exception to this is if I'm getting really dressed up like when I went to my kids weddings. I just don't want to be bothered with it. I also have wash and wear hair that I no longer attempt to curl.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I have not worn make up since I retired in 2014. If my hair does not behave, it goes into a little pony tail. Your friend Jackie is pretty, nice hairdo.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

My Mind's Eye said...

Jackie does have beautiful skin
I am a Cover Girl too.
Too funny about leaving the house w/o makeup or not in your best clothes. 100% guarantee you'll see everyone you know
Hugs Cecilia

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I will confess to not buying or wearing any make-up products, Sandra. I do have some lipsticks and face powders bought several years ago for "special" dress-up occasions. usually a family wedding. as none of those events are on the immediate horizon, these products may become vintage before being used again!

Rose said...

I live Jackie's hair. I dont wear make-up...sometimes a dab of concealer on really bad spots. I used to like to wear mascara but cannot now.

Mevely317 said...

Thanks for reminding me, I need to remind my study friend she promised to take me by the hand to Dillards' cosmetic counter. I've never purchased expensive make-up, but I'm weary of buying product that winds up looking gawd-awful and going in the trash.
How do you select product?

photowannabe said...

I really haven't worn makeup except for my granddaughters weddings and that's pretty minimal. a bit of mascara a touch of shadow and some color for my blond eyebrows. A splash of lipstick whenever I go any place and lets just not talk about hair right now. Haven't had a perm in a year and a half. Been cutting it myself but it sure is in need of some professional help.
Hate hats, they hurt my head.
Sue

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Never been much into makeup. A little bit of a posder brush, and a hint of rosy blush is good enough for me. Mybe some lipstick once in a great while. But paint my toenails and I am happy:)

Tigger's Mum said...

My mum never wore make-up so i had no idea how to do anything make-up by the time I left home (late teens). I did try getting professional make up advice - only once. The result was frightful. I worked outdoors and the professional tried to match the colour (which meant there was a line wherever she stopped - my chin, my ears, my neck etc). Then she tried to cover the colour to match my ears etc and I looked like a ghost. I heve never worn make up since that disaster demonstration. It make my face feel really awful (quite apart from how it looked). As for clothes - wear whatever you are comfortable in.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I always wondered where kiss and makeup came from, now I know.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I mostly just wear a bit of cover up and tinted sunscreen these days

DeniseinVA said...

It’s all about how you feel yourself whether it’s makeup or fashion or whatever. I don’t usually wear makeup unless I am meeting up with friends. It’s been so long since I wore eye shadow, but was real tired one day and thought it would help. I did such a bad job of putting it on I looked like one of my friendly raccoons, so that’s not happening again. I like Jackie’s haircut and she does have a beautiful complexion. That’s my next job getting a haircut. Hope you are feeling better about yours. I know what you’re saying about if you don’t put makeup on, that’s when you meet up with people. I always find that the one time you decide to stay in pajamas later than usual, that’s the time a friend comes knocking on the door, same goes for tidying up the house.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for sharing the items that you use. When I go out I will put on a foundation, do my eyebrows, eyeliner and mascara along with a blush. Since we have been leaving the house so often because of rehab I have been going without the foundation and I'm kinda getting used to the look.