Thursday, June 6, 2024

Volcano Eruption!

 


Dermatologist stabbed me with a needle full of chemo exactly 2 weeks from today, right in the center of the Squamous Carcinoma K something or other AKA Volcano Cancer .
It did nothing, it did not hurt, did not know it was there until yesterday it woke me up aching at 2 am.
At 8 A.M, Wed, June 5th I pulled off my dog walking clothes and walked all over the bedroom and inot the bathroom to shower, and realized there was blood on the white rugs. My leg was pouring a fountain of blood down and all over the bedroom, 10 spots. ov vey. the piece that I found on the floor was the size of a pencil eraser and very dry and wrinkled..
Doc said it would go away in 2 wees and it did and for that I AM THANKFUL.
I wiped and held pressure and bathed and put a band aid on and it is fine.. a small puncture about the size of the pencil lead.
Murphy's law added a little excitement. I stepped out of the shower and had just dried off, still bleeding and heard Bob yelling down the hall, Willie is knocking on the door, he has his dog.  I don't know what he wants.
let me get this off my chest please.. @#$%!@#$%^^#$##@@@$%%^
Thanks for listening. I opened the door in a dampest MUMU with wet hair and he wanted to know if we had a hydraulic jack, his son had a flat and wanted to change a tire.. I love Willie and I love his dog and I love to talk to him, but I was to say the least FLUSTERED.
Turns out we have one but it does the same thing his does which is fall when the car is in the air. I pointed him to the house of 7 cars and he went over there.
LIFE we gotta LOVE it!

Both graphics were created in Procreate on ipad and I have no idea how the PEN i was using got in the screen shot... who cares.. I did the black and white JUST BECAUSE

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I figured out what had happened before I got to the actual part. Good, the injectable chemo worked! If anyone ever come to the door, it is always at the worst time. Same for the phone ringing. I will either be cooking or in the bathroom.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a mess! I'm glad the chemo worked the way it was supposed to, but having more than one thing going on at a time is way too much nowadays. Boy, do Andy and I understand that! ❤️

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
So the volcano had a lava flow... hope there's not too much scar left. As for the other....😬 YAM xx

Donna said...

Hello, new here...Love your blog! I'm an animal lover, myself.
Your doodles and editing are really good!
Glad you got the bleeding under control!
hugs
Donna

Ann said...

So glad to hear that the chemo worked. A bit of a surprise in how you found out though.
How frustrating with the neighbor at the door. Bob yelling about him being at the door sounds like something Wade would have done. Did he answer the door and just couldn't hear him? Or did he see him at the door and just yell to you that he was there?

eileeninmd said...

I am glad the chemo worked, the bleeding sounds awful.
I hope you are healing well.
Willie showed up at the wrong time asking for help.
Take care, have a great day!

Rose said...

I think I would have ignored the door...boy, what a way for your day to begin.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think I am missing something here. Is there a reason why Bob couldn’t answer the door?

Tigger's Mum said...

Brilliant result with the cancer (shame it got bumped off before the skin closed under it, but I guess that is older skin for you - delicate and easily torn and bleeding. I hope you stopped the blood quite quickly. I think you sounded off very politely - some days just drive you bonkers do that not? Mr B's Mum is doing that to us right now - rings the emergency services (on her emergency call thing) to tell them she can't find her phone. Emergency response people have to ring Mr B before they send an ambulance. Fortunately they understood that inability to find the phone was not an ambulance case. Her world has been restricted by her brain situation to only that which she can see. She has lost the ability to understand that she might need to move to find the lost thing because in her brain there is no world other than the bit she can see, so nowhere to move TO.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well that's sure good that the evil C popped out and is gone, hooray!

Mevely317 said...

Oh boy, when you least expect it!
I'm so glad the evil C's gone with barely a trace, and you're in no pain. The thought of injectable chemo still amazes me.
Now I'm wondering why Willie didn't call before showing up at your door. (Maybe he doesn't have the #?) Here's a case for one of those hotel "Do Not Disturb" door hanger things.

My Mind's Eye said...

YAY for the news on the skin cancer volcano. Will you still go back to doc for her to look at it?

I was flustered with you about the door bell. Long story short I don't have to answere the door any more.
YEARS AGO I REQUESTED A PEEP HOLE. IT WAS INSTALLED along with a lot of other house related chores. WHILE I WAS AT WORK. When I got home I was so bummed..I asked why it was so high? BRYAN AND the installer both (5'11") decided where to put it (COSMETICALLY) WHICH WAS 3" ABOVE MY HEAD. I CANNOT PEEP AT THE PEEP HOLE. Bryan is the official doorman.
Oooops this was not such a short story
hugs Cecilia

Linda said...

Good news!!! You are something else! I would not have gone to the door!
I hope your leg heals up nicely and you can be done with all things cancer! You certainly do not need any added stress!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the blood flowing from your leg and onto the floor. Now is it all okay? Is that what was supposed to happen?

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We are glad the volcano erupted...and the the injectable chemo worked!!

Some days you just need to vent, right??

Debby said...

Wow that’s incredible how it just erupted like that. Reminds me of the ultimate pimple! But without all that blood. I guess you got the bleeding under control. Now hopefully this volcano is 💯 done and gone.

photowannabe said...

Wow, Chemo Volcano at its finest.
Praying for healing to be complete and that your stress will be lessened. Praying for Bob too.. etc.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

Okay - the cancer came off - that was good and obviously you had a mess there on your leg and cleaning up - then the darn doorbell rings - I hate that. So frustrating.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is quite the descriptive event. So the volcano erupted, the cancer fell off, and you had all that blood??? We hope that is what you were expecting because it sounds awful.

Woos - Misty and Timber