Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Old Nook, New Look, part 2

 In Prior post Yesterday I left you "hanging" in the story installing the lights above, when I stated  "I will finish the nook tomorrow, I am too exhausted to finish it.  If you know me, think now before you scroll down. Did I finish or wait until the next day?




I sat on the sofa for an hour, drawing on the iPad and suddenly leaped staggered to my feet and 
uncoiled the ten wire coils of #@$%^ lights
cleaned the glass shelves, top and bottom,
cleaned ALL the pieces of glass that reside on the shelves
It took me 2 hours to finish. Looking at this, I can't see HOW it could have taken two hours.
(see the bulbs? none of them were in the right place, some rested ON the glass shelf, some snugged to close to the glass shelves underneath. It looked HORRID)
It took the 2nd hour to get the bulbs where I liked them. There may be future changes.

Warning tsunami of photos below


enlarge by clicking but only if you want to...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

I fretted for days deciding if I wanted to stay with Cool white lights or change to Warm White. I changed and guess what? The Christmas lights I put on the tree last year are COOL white.
OH NOOOOOOOOO can you spell OCD? I despise changing lights on trees so much I might have to get a tree with pre installed Warm White

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is gorgeous! Every once in awhile, we need to change something in the house, just to see something different and make us happy. I love how the wires are curly. I love the rainbow in the big cat. In fact, I wanted MORE photos!! Yes, that's right!

CheerfulMonk said...

I like the idea of getting a tree with preinstalled lights. Life is too short to mess with things you hate. I hope you love the new look and get years of pleasure out of it. I think it looks great. ❤️

Ann said...

Oh I like it. It looks awesome. I love the way the lights hang at different lengths.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That’s why it’s a good idea to simply close your eyes when you sit on the sofa!

eileeninmd said...

Your new lights look pretty! I like you nook, looks beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

I so love the new lights! I would love seeing them every day.

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra the nook has always been a favorite of mine...We both love crystal and how mirrors and lights play with our knick knacks. This new look is my favorite.
Our Christmas tree is pre lit too
Hugs Cecilia

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

WOW....I saw it in Beau's post yesterday, but not close up. Like C, this is my favorite look so far and I look forward to Christmas to see what magic you create!

photowannabe said...

I was right! You couldn't wait until the next day. It was bugging you too much to just stare at it unfinished.
Well done and the curly wires add to the over all display. Warm white is always my favorite. The crystal shines perfectly.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The lights look wonderful. I like them. No doubt you worked on them again. Now you have to have the tree on your mind driving you crazy!!

Chatty Crone said...

I am NOT surprised that you got up and did it - lol. I think your hard work paid off. I love lights in front of mirrors and I like the white ones.

Sparky said...

Wow, Sandra, that is really nice!!! I like this a LOT! Makes me want to put a mirror somewhere just so I can copy that. That is super cool gal and I ain't joshin'! Well done. You've been on a tear lately. Makes me feel like a slug. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Blessings. ๐Ÿ’™

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Nice work, it looks beautiful. Mom prefers the warm white too.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Mevely317 said...

Of course you had to get back up and finish! That's the way we're wired. (No pun intended!)
It looks so good ... like something you'd see in a storefront window on 5th Avenue.

I hope you'll enjoy it for years and years!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is beautiful, you should be very proud of your artistic touch!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh my goodness! That really looks wonderful! So bright and light and cheery! I still don't know how you did all those fairy lights with the light bulbs...I must've missed something...but they sure are pretty! I love all your pretty glass/crystal items on the shelves and the reflections in the mirror! You figured it out just right! Now, how do you keep it from dust collecting? Not to be a spoilsport, but that's something I think about...dust is one of those things that accumulates whether we like it or not. So what is your secret to keeping it away? Just wondering if you have any handy tidbits to share. I love this. It really is pretty!!!!!

DeniseinVA said...

That's a great job and your hard work was worth it. It looks incredible!