Monday, July 13, 2009

The Door That Never Closes

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelations 3:20
The Door That Never Closes
There's a door that never closes,
though it opens but one way-
It's the door that leads to Heaven at the end of life's long day.
It's the threshold of forever
where the heart is always glad,
It's a respite for the weary
and a comfort for the sad.
It's the door to peace and healing
and the door to joy and grace
Where the Master greets each guest by name
and with a warm embrace.
And the loved ones who pass through
into the light that's shining there
Find a sweet and perfect home
within our Father's loving care.
I found this poem by R. Haas online.

My friend Liz, made a comment on my post, Windows, not XP. She said she liked the windows, now how about DOORS. Thanks, Liz, for the idea for today's post.


As you can see, I like the doors Plus








A door is a symbol of transition, sometimes a thing of beauty, sometimes not, when we pass through a door, we change. There are old ones, new ones, modern ones. They might enter into a mall, a restaurant, a friends home, a museum or our own home. There is always something on the inside that we seek. Eating, sight seeing, buying, coffee or seeking the comfort we feel when we leave our day behind and sigh as we enter our own door , Home At last.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Door's and windows, Fantastic. You are on a roll, more and more better every day, you are my hero.
The pics are great and the poem is fitting. Good work.

Unknown said...

I went back and read the scripture,and again it is fitting and a good thought for the day.

Madeline said...

Love the doors and windows. Love the poetry and remarks. I agree with Snapper. You just get better every day.

Beverly said...

Your posts are always so full. Today's is no different.

Anonymous said...

Rev 3:20 Perfect! Thanks for exploring this subject! Loved it!