Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Doors AGAIN?

Today we have more blah, blah, blah about doors. My inspiration today was this comment in my email on yesterday's post. My friend, Janice, in Ohio commented.........
"Some doors seem to have a mind of their own giving up directions on how to use them. Some say, push, some say pull, some say approach slowly, some spin around, some slide open, some go up, but, I have never seen any that go down, except when they were up first. But, the best door of all is the one we shut behind us when we are home for the day or night." Thank you Janice for inspiration to hunt up these moving doors.

Very Large doors slide open to allow planes entrance and exit to a hanger
Doors give us somewhere to prop our elbows................

Doors that close so we travel the roads in safety.............



Doors open wide to let us climb in.................................


Doors close us in for our protection while working on a barge....

Doors Protect us from falling out while in flight..........


My favorite door picture so far is this door at Ringling Museum. I also love the other doors that are on d'Zan Mansion on the same property at Ringling.



I am through with the subject of doors for NOW! I will be on the hunt for doors that fit Janice's comment, so maybe in the future we will come here again. Happy Tuesday.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot the doors with bars that keep people in when they would rather be out,also the doors with little tiney windows that let people look in when we wish they would not. Like the ones in a Jail.

MadSnapper said...

I will take Snapper II comment as a challenge to find more door photo fodder. Watch out, it might be soon. If I get the jail picture, it will be from the OUTSIDE looking in. Ha Ha

Hilary said...

What a fine collection of doors.. and ways to use them. :)

Anonymous said...

Well done! Now- more Ringling doors please! Didn't you miss a few? I mean hmm. The servants went up that awesome spiral staircase and- wow. I promise it will not be blah blah blah. I know, I know. I should go myself sometime...