Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ghosts of Trees Past! Ahhh

And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. Genesis 2:9

The poetry of the earth is never dead. ~John Keats

Dead trees speak to me, I love the stumps of trees past their prime, and when God throws in new green growth next to it, what could be more beautiful. I consider this one an elderly tree with children at it's knees.
Don't miss the details of the two pictures above, click on the picture

A dead palm makes a wonderful home for woodpeckers.

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. ~e.e. cummings


The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author Unknown
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir
The woods were made for the hunters of dreams,
The brooks for the fishers of song;
To the hunters who hunt for the gunless game
The streams and the woods belong.~Sam Walter Foss

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How much I love that last peom by Mr. Foss!! I have copied it and stolen it from you to put on my church bulletin board and prayer line. This time I like your text better than the pics, a first! About a week ago, I took several pics of georgous peeling bark on a tree that was very artistic, and will post that this fall sometime. Your daily posts give me something wonderful to look forward to each day.