Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rooster Retreat

I had several comments asking where my lovely rooster lives or where I took the photo. He lives with his brood at Manatee Village. I did several posts in December on Cracker Houses. My rooster lives there in a Cracker Barn.

Mr Rooster lives behind the slats you see in this barn. he and his little hens looked very happy there and did not mind the three cameras aimed at them. The shadows in the photos are the sun shining through the slats.

Another view of the barn. these photos are all the same barn, different views at different times and digitally doctored by ME.
Did your mother every say this to you?

"Were you born in a barn? Close the door -- and DON'T slam it!"



Mother also used to say, "Am I Talking to a brick wall?"


Front view of same barn and if you look closely you can see the outhouse that is next to it.



7 comments:

Sunny said...

Love the Cracker Barn. I like the effect in the 3rd picture. A fun post...have a great weekend.
Sunny :)

Beverly said...

You are too funny! I love your photos.

Anonymous said...

He's a handsome chappy that Rooster! Love the cartoons :o) Happy weekend to you and yours xx

Dawning Inspiration said...

What a beautiful barn!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love your funny posts, Sandra. One expression my Daddy always said when someone asked him how he was, was: "Fine as frog hair"..... I've never heard anyone else say that... And as George says, we didn't know that Frog hair was FINE..... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

I love the old barn, every view is fantastic. My favorite is the third one, the effect you used makes it look like a very fine etching.

The rooster looks great in your header.

Judy

Dan Reynolds said...

Please remove my copyrighted cartoons. These require license usage fees to use.
Dan Reynolds