Sunday, May 2, 2010

Path of Life

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.”  M. Scott Peck
                                                                           *
     "When the pain of  staying the same, becomes greater than the pain of change, we will change."


You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.'Acts 2:28


Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you:

I have called you by your name, you are mine.

Should you pass through the sea, I will be there with you;

or through rivers, they will not swallow you up.

Should you walk through fire, you will not be scorched

and the flames will not burn you...Do not be afraid, for I am with you.

—Isaiah 43

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sandra, It seems ironic that our 'path' today is toward the beach --and the sun is out. What is ironic about that is that back home in TN--they are having record flooding and rain. I feel almost uneasy today going AWAY from home. I somehow want to be there --but then again, what could I do to prevent it from happening?????? It's kinda a 'mixed' feeling for me today.. I know I'll have a wonderful time--but in the back of my mind, I am worried about my home. There are tornado watches out all day today in my area. Just hope I am on the right path today...

Great post, Sandra...
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great post. I just love the qoutes, and the two bible verses fit so well with all the rest. I do love Isaiah! I love that path sign. Had I ssen it, I would have snapped it as well. Although our posts are different subjects today, I feel they are very similar with mostly pictures and bible verse. By the way, heve you ever BEEN on that path, and what's there?

DawnTreader said...

What a wonderful sign - "path". I would absolutely have stopped to take a photo of that, too.

And I love that second quote, so true. Any idea where it comes from? I've added it to my "collection"...

MadSnapper said...

the quote about change is something i heard in a group therapy meeting years ago, it was an overcomers group. the path sign was at the castle and we did not have time to follow it. next time I will for sure.

SquirrelQueen said...

The M. Scott Peck quote has long been a favorite of mine, great post Sandra.

Unknown said...

I love that quote about change. It's so true. Great post. :o)

Dawning Inspiration said...

Thank you for this - I will remind my Mom!!