Sunday, May 30, 2010

Psalm 119:105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

For the commandment is a lamp, and the whole teaching [of the law] is light, and reproofs of discipline are the way of life,(A) Proverbs 6:23
 

Yesterday, I walked into our bedroom and the sun was shining on the lamp on the bedside table and it looked like it was lit. It was lit by God's Sunshine, the true Pilot Light of Life.

If you did enlarge the photo, please excuse the dust. It is now minus the dust but no sun is shining through it.

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great post, Sandra. We all do need to 'let our lights shine' with God's love. I want to be remembered as someone who obviously lived with Christ at the center of my life --helping me shine that light on all around me...

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

photowannabe said...

Beautiful thought for the day. I'm glad the Lord is my Light.

DawnTreader said...

Beautiful shadow shots - and a reminder that we're made "in his image".

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sisters AGAIN!!!!! I'm using the same bible verse and idea for Monday! I snapped something unusual yesterday, and the verse came to mind immediatly. But my pictures will be very different from yours. Your pictures are really striking! I adore them. Are they black and white, or is it just looking that way because of the lighting? They look so artsy, like something that you would find hanging in a gallery. Right under the reflection, it that a shadow of you taking the picture?

Unknown said...

Fantastic shots! I LOVE it when the sun shines through stuff like this. The shadows are just so fascinating!

Kilauea Poetry said...

You know..I love this about evening time..the light on the bed side table; it always represents something so warm and inviting! Love your reflections here with this verse Sandra! I took a shot through the window recently at a bird.. YIKES, my window was so dirty (lol)! Have a wonderful day!

MedaM said...

The sun light made fantastic scene, indeed and you’ve done wonderful job here!