Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Backyard" Hay Day" # 3

these photos are not quality, they are intended to tell a story and to help you imagine a tree full flowers that are 15 inches tall and 8 inches accross. 



this gives you an idea how big the tree is

If you enlarge you might be able to see the Cactus hanging like a vine 

Above shows a cluster of eight blooms, after the sun comes up. the moment the sun touches the blooms they start to droop

this is to show the type cactus vine they hang on,


Open at dark and by mid day they look like this. Truly only queen of the night


Can you look 3 stories up and see the one reaching for the stars, I could not see it in the dark but after the sun touched it, there it was




the plant hangs like garlands of Christmas lights, glowing in the dark and the sun


God' Creation Inspires Me
It's Amazing out there.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra wow that is a big tree hope it's roots don't go under the house.

MadSnapper said...

Pine trees do not run under the ground. we have 2 like this one, 2 large oaks, a total of 9 trees on our lot all this size or bigger

George said...

These are absolutely amazing! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this. I'm glad you are an early riser so you can get these pictures and share them with us.

Unknown said...

The Night Blooming cactus is amazing. I don't think you ever put it on the blog in full view with the tree.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Sandra.... That is awesome.... I do have a question... How did the cactus get up into the pine tree??? Was it planted it up there---or just happen somehow???? I have never seen anything quite like that... How did hubby get one in his hand????? Ladder I assume???

This is an awesome post.... I am amazed!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Kilauea Poetry said...

I enjoy posts with stories..these are nice photos too- what a big tree and such beautiful flowers! Very inspiring-

Regina said...

Those two beach photos on your column are really neat too!

Madeline said...

That night cactus is amazing. I knew you said the blooms were up in the tree but had no idea how high. I don't know how you get such wonderful pictures. The blooms are gorgeous.

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

I have never seen anything like it. It is beautiful. Gerry

Unknown said...

yes i can see the blooms and they are amazing creations from above.

Judy said...

Simply AWESOME!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

These pics are breathtaking. Never seen anything like this.Now I'm wondering why. They don't seem rare.

SquirrelQueen said...

The daylight views really give an idea of the size of the tree and how high those blooms are. The is amazing, I have never seen cactus growing in a pine tree before. Thanks for posting the photos.

It looks like you amazed a lot of us with this plant Sandra.