Thursday, November 2, 2017

Monday Phunday Punday


The weather was perfect, high was 70, Brilliant Florida Sun, Lola and I took  a Monday PHUNday... Can you guess where we went?


 How about now? any ideas?   If you guessed Art Museum you would be right. We visited Ringling Museum of Art. We spent 4 fantastic hours and it would take 4 more to see it all.


The first photo today was one of my favorites.  the details of the boot sandals captured me from the start and when I read the card beside it I was hooked. There was no way to do justice to the paintings because of the downlight that showed every detail, they were hugh and high above my head, so that I had to aim Up.

Narcissus
According to the Greek myth, Narcissus was a beautiful youth who, after rejecting the nymph Echo, was made to fall in love with his own reflection. Unable to grasp the object of his love, and too captivated to draw himself away, Narcissus wasted away and died. He was changed into the flower that now bears his name. The tragic tone of the story is heightened by the restrained palette and dramatic use of light and shadow influenced by Caravaggio. Van Kuijl, a Dutch painter who lived in Rome from 1629 to 1631, may even have seen the Italian master's own Narcissus (Rome).

Why can't you trust and artist? because they are shady and a little sketchy and they will try to frame you... I added this to turn this inot a Monday Phunday Punday

FRET NOT MY READERS.... coming soon to you again and again will be what we saw...










17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this painting and this post. I, too, am fascinated with the sandal. And OH, the way he paints the light and shadow. I do remember your Ringling posts from years ago. Don't know why, since I forget most things. I can't wait for more! It is so hard to stretch up and snap! Fist the camera snaps, then you snap. Literally.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had the opportunity to visit the museum. I look forward to reading more about it.

Karen said...

An interesting place to visit! Looking forward to more photos!

My Mind's Eye said...

I can hardly wait to see all of MS's photos from the museum.
I learned a lot and that first photo is beautiful
Hugs madi and mom

Lois said...

I absolutely love this museum. Your photos are wonderful!

Pam said...

haha....so you don't trust me???? haha....Been a long time since I went to a museum. I need to start getting out and doing some things like that for me! I bet you really enjoyed that.

photowannabe said...

Amazing painting with such life-like detail. I don't blame you for being captivated by it.
Of course the puns made it Phun too.

Inger said...

Hello my friend, I love that you get out with your friend and have a fun day!

DawnTreader said...

I remember seeing that outdoors arcade and the name of the museum on your blog in the past... I don't remember anything else (although perhaps I will when I see it) so bring it on... I love museums and art and one always discovers something new on each visit (even if it may be old!)

Ann Thompson said...

That does sound like a fu phunday. It's nice that you were able to take pictures too. A lot of places won't let you

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Beautiful painting! I really like the reflection of Narcissus' hand!

Rose said...

I will be looking 4ward to more to come....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I loved visiting the Ringling Museum!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day...or more! It's been a long time since we went to the Museum here. Hugs!

Mevely317 said...

Hard to believe I never took time to visit.
That's a neat back story about Narcissus. But mostly, I'm captivated by your second image.

Looking forward!

Ida said...

What a great place to visit. I like cultural things like that from time to time.

UplayOnline said...

I look forward to reading more about it.


เย็ดสาว