Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Starry Lites in the Nook



I love Amazon Prime and have been a member for several years. I found new Starry lights for my nook, the look like tiny stars. They stay up year round. If you follow me you have seen 100 post on the Nook but just in case here is 1 Prior Post On NOOK 
Every order placed has come at the promised time. NOT this time. 
Delivery promised on 24th, NOT but an email stated it was delivered on 24th signed for by ME.. NOT….
15 minute hunt for a phone number to Amazon, they don’t have one, found a chat/email/we call you button. They called as soon as I clicked Call Me button, and I whined, why would I sign for it, I did not even have to sign for my computer last year. He apologized and said it would come the next day. DID NOT
I choose to chat for this problem, he writes up credit that will hit charge acct. in 3 days, 4 days later, credit hits acct. and that evening an unknown woman sneaked up on the porch and laid it down and left.
I go back to Amazon, send an email stating I have the lights; it is ok to charge me for them. NO kidding, it took 4 emails, including 2 with a broken link to click on,  before they charged me. In the mean time I ordered two more sets BECAUSE I LOVE THEM.. and they came next day…it was worth it.


It seems I am no longer a STAR with the camera. I just can not get phone, tablet or either cameras to take a good shot of my new purchase of Starry Lights (this makes me think it is ME, since all 5 could not be bad at the same time).  NO, this is not how they will be, but it does show they copper wires and lights. OF COURSE there will me MORE photos.





25 comments:

Ohmydearests said...

they are beautiful! I also had a similar scenario last year just before Christmas... a mr G had signed for a parcel containing almost all our gifts... I nearly lost it... well it was delivered the next day...

DeniseinVA said...

They are beautiful Sandra. Glad they arrived eventually. Love your crystal wear.

Cat Lover said...

Love the new lights! So pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, knock on wood, I have never had a problem with Amazon deliveries.

I just love your new lights, they look so pretty in your nook.


Have a happy Wednesday!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love Amazon. Until I have a problem. Like the time my account was hacked and i called Amazon and they kept asking me questions that i couldn't answer BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. Finally got that all fixed but no history. Got new account and thankfully they found my history and got it back! Anyway, I've got to look into those lights. I love tiny lights in my house.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm glad all ended well with your order. I just use amazon for gift cards so no prime for me.
They starry lights are very pretty.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Sandra I have those lights in my room and I love them too. I think Amazon is pretty good most of the time. Sandie

Karen said...

Those are so pretty. They are new to me. I like the cut glass pieces.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Oh, I do love these lights and must order some. Starry lights are nice to have anytime, but especially when cold weather with gloomy, gray days arrive. I like Amazon and have found them to be pretty reliable and quick to deliver.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Turn your camera on the NIGHT setting, dim the lights, and try that. That is just awful about trying to contact them!! I hope you wrote all these numbers down for future reference. I shall now be giving you the nickname of Linda. I love these, but have no nook. By hook or by crook, I need a nook.

Pam said...

Very pretty. I don't really ever order that much from Amazon but when I want something I know that is the place I need to go. They have it all!

photowannabe said...

Ahhh...modern technology!

Amazon Prime is the best. I'm surprised there was so much difficulty.

Glad you got things straightened out though.

Beautiful starry lights.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I really like my Amazon Prime too...ALMOST as much as I like your twinkle lit nook!

Suburban Girl said...

I bought some of those lights last year and I love them too! I know it can be hard with Amazon and their size to deal with them, so far I haven't had too bad an experience.

Ann Thompson said...

That sounds like a frustrating situation but glad it all ended well. I've thought about getting amazon prime but don't really order enough from them to make it worth it

Hootin Anni said...

PRETTY!!

I will have to check them out? Expensive? How many per order?

Ruth Hiebert said...

They really are very pretty.Too bad you hd smooch trouble getting that order.

Hootin Anni said...

Thanks for the info!

Mevely317 said...

They're so delicate and pretty!

Grrrrr ... those porch pirates need whupped. I've found Amazon (love-love-love) customer service to be so spot on and eager to please that I'm surprised to hear of your snafu.
I know! Let's blame the USPS!

Gayle said...

Amazon Prime here too. With seven grandchildren all out of town the free shipping pays for the annual fee in the first couple months of the year.

And then there are the .99 and up Kindle novels that are often as spellbinding as their much more expensive cousins.

Then moving on to Amazon videos---just watched a Meryl Streep free movie and was inspired by the heroine thanks to Streep's talent.

Printer ink arrived today; paid less that local Staples; no shipping and no gasoline used.

Glad your snafu ended well and brightened your life.

Lois said...

Very pretty! I like Amazon too, but my last package was delivered early and left out on the sidewalk instead of on the porch and got soaked when it rained overnight and I ended up with a soggy book!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The lights are pretty. We haven't done Amazon prime yet but I have their credit card which gives you money back on your purchases. I have called them a few times or emailed them and I was amazed how quickly the phone rang!!

Rose said...

They are nice! I bet Lorelei would like some to string up around her room! When her mom was at home, she would take the white mini-lights from Christmas and string them up around her room....all year.

UplayOnline said...

Glad they arrived eventually. Love your crystal wear.


เย็ดสาว

Carolann said...

I like the cut glass pieces too. That cat is awesome.
We have little unique stores that carry pieces like that.
It is our secret Santa Party soon. I would like to give my person I get one of those choices. Lovely!