Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Ears to ME


Forty plus years ago, I had my ears pierced. In 2006 after retiring, I stopped wearing them, mainly because I rarely go anywhere to 'dress up'.

Weight loss = Thinner face (for some reason the weight comes off face/wrist/ankles and not the middle parts)
Are you thinking what the heck does that have to do with photos of Earrings?

'

I got a bee in my bonnet that I would MAKE MY OWN EAR RINGS,

probably from Ann and Pam, fellow bloggers who are CRAFTERS.
I decided to MAKE MY OWN earrings because each time I look in the mirror,
I see my EARS and think I now look like an ELF.
(also while staring at my ears I have realized the shape of my head is an EGG)

My thought is if I hang earrings on the elf ears standing out from the egg shaped head, people will look at earrings and not the ears.
When I said this to hubby, he said I can tell you when men look at women it is NOT at their EARS.
(now I am afraid to look and see what MEN see when they look at me)

I made 4 pairs, 2 shades of blue, black and white. 
I am inserting a WARNING here, for just in case you try it yourself.

 Look below, center of photo, see that wire thingy? I made a pair with that and when I put them on Could NOT remove them from the lobes, on the EARS on the side of the egg shaped head.


HELP!
Bob. help me! I can't get it loose... a few   words later, I snarled LET ME DO IT... at a cost of almost losing my earlobe I got them off and will never ever never use that wire again.

I might have mentioned this ear thing in a prior post. I also told you I bought 3 new pair of earrings the day after Christmas in a prior post. The thing is they are to long, they swing and touch my neck and I can FEEL them...  The question comes to mind, just how many posts about ears and earrings can one blogger post?  Ears to you and Ears to me!






19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I saw these on Facebook and thought you were posting someone else's earrings. I had no IDEA you made them!!! They are beautiful!!! I never noticed anything unusual about your ears. Well, have your holes opened up now? What did you find to use that will come out easily? Is it cheaper to buy them or make them? You did really good!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra, I love your earrings you made. My ears were pierced when I was about 9. I never wear earrings these days, but I do have a few pretty pairs that were gifts.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Earrings are my main jewellery dressing - sometimes finger rings and rarely necklaces. I only wear them when I go out my door though, never in the house. They do make my very round face look a bit better. Lots of my earrings were made for me by a very talented friend. Not tried it myself. YAM xx

Ann said...

I have tried making jewelry but I'm just no good at it. The earrings hanging on the glass are pretty. I never noticed your ears or an egg shaped head. Now I'm going to have to hunt for one of your selfies :) I used to wear big and dangly earrings, these days I wear simple post earrings just so the holes in my ears don't close up

Jo said...

Hi Sandra, what beautiful earings. You are talented. Sorry about the wire becoming stuck in your lobe! I had my ears pierced when I was four! I laughed and laughed at this post of yours. Thanks fop the cheer up! Blessings Jo

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I saw your ear rings on facebook too. They are pretty. I stopped wearing earrings a long time ago and I am sure the holes are closed now.
Bob's comment about what men look at it, is probably true. They will not notice your earrings. Enjoy your day!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my, sounds like a fun thing ended in disaster. But they were pretty!! 🙂

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty tho...love the color. They'd go great with your porcelain egg-shell, smooth complexion I'm sure. (And, that's a compliment...not trying to be funny here!)

Pam said...

Beautiful colors and I love those. Great job on making your own earrings!

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL we are ROTFLOLing
this is too funny. And today there seems to be a theme to the posts
...body parts. Da Phenny and Princess Leah and I are showing off our noses
Hugs Madi your bfff

Lois said...

They are so pretty! I wish I had to patience to do something creative like that.

Chatty Crone said...

The earrings are gorgeous.

I used to wear earrings and let them close up - too much work! I am simple I guess.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I think you did a great job on the earrings...sorry you got ...ummmm...stuck. That must have been pretty aggravaing.

Now..I think we need a selfie with your cute ears showing off your handywork!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra!:) Ears to you for being so gifted! Your earrings are so pretty, and I honestly think that if you put your mind to anything you could do it, and anything you post is worth reading, even about earrings,....it's the way you write, ...you're a funny lady, with perfectly normal ears.
Chears!!:=)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your earrings look lovely. I used to make my own jewelry but have resorted to buying.

crafty cat corner said...

Would have liked to see what they looked like on you.
I wear earrings every day and don't feel properly dressed without them.
Briony
x

Mevely317 said...

You (and Bob) are so stinkin' funny! My hair covers the top half of my ears ... except I can't get past the suspicion that my left ear is lower than the right. Anytime I put on glasses they feel annoyingly awry, like I'm listing.

Crafting your own is a splendid idea! I especially like the white, but will probably just stick with my plain gold ball posts.

DawnTreader said...

The earrings are beautiful, I love those blue colours. I've never had my ears pierced so I never wear earrings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you. It's nice to have a little hobby to work on. They are very pretty.