Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Froggy went a courtin... AGAIN




Bob Yelled in the back door. COME LOOK IN THE RAINBARREL... I took the camera, I knew what it might BE..
MAMA Frog was back and 87 million tadpoles..it has rained every day for a week.

Shades of Bobby Darin started playing in my head..
Well, how was I to know there was a party going on?
Bing bang, I saw the whole gang dancin' swimming on in my livin' room rug rain barrel (yeah)
Flip flop, they were doin' the bop, all the teens tadpoles had the dancin' bug
There was Lollipop with Peggy Sue
Good golly, Miss Molly was a even there too
A well a splish splash, I forgot about the bath
I went and put my dancing shoes on
I was a splishin' and a splashin', I was rollin' and a strollin'
I was a movin' and a groovin', I was a reelin' with the feelin'

Mama at the bottom of our watering pitcher.. that is how bob found her, he was about to water my wildflowers
I thought I had lost my Southern accent but after listening to these short videos. NOPE! did not
 Mama is now Peggy Sue.. isn't she adorable???

MOVIES WITH MY voice on them, they look strange but they work. Had problems with YouTube so uploaded from phone video.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Previous paws Chloe was absolutely transfixed by a bucket of tadpoles she found, sadly I have nefer had a chance to see any *sigh*
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Ginny Hartzler said...

SO funny! I remember that song well! Wasn't he the Bobby that married Sandra Dee and died young of a heart attack? I think so, he also sang Mack The Knife. But enough 50's pop trivia. Will you keep all the babies there? Take them all to a nearby pond? What will you do with mom and babies? There's so many! Probably because lots get eaten by predators.

DeniseinVA said...

Love your groovin' this mornin' Honey :))) Love the photos as always. Wow! All those tadpoles.

MadSnapper said...

I did not realize I did not get 19 comments from yesterday in my email and did not get these 3 either. testing now to see if I fixed it again for the 3rd time. no idea why I did not realize I got zero comments all day

My Mind's Eye said...

Jumpin' tadpoles I'm sure glad I don't have to feed all those mouths. Mama frog is a Saint.
You can take a girl out of the real South but you can't take the South out of the girl
Hugs C

Mevely317 said...

I loved that Bobby Darin song! Shucks, I was hoping one of the videos would feature you singing that to the babies. Yes, they're adorable -- so happy to be alive!

PS - Can't play the second video, but I'll keep trying!

Inger said...

I love how your brain works! From tadpoles to Bobby Darin, so fun!

KB said...

I'm with Inger. The best part is laughing as I follow along with your exuberant story telling!!!! I haven't seen a tadpole in a long time -- it's dry here so they stick to the few ponds that we have.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So do they continue to survive from the bucket?

Pam said...

Word of warning....DO NOT put tadpoles/almost frogs in a glass container and sit in the sun....they tend to cook and there is not enough leg there to eat.