Monday, July 30, 2018

Teeny Tiny Cord is here....Yay!


I bought a new coffee maker, for some reason, the cord is 3 inches shorter than ALL the others we have had in the past. This causes it to sit UNDER the cabinet. I can't open it to pour in water, or add coffee.
I slide it out, fill it and push it back. This is To Much Work! I hate doing that. I ask Amazon if they had a short extension cord... I found a 12 inch, the one above.

Since I wanted it NOW and not 2 days from now, I checked each store I was in, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and nothing. I was looking for a bathing suit next door to Staples and stopped in. NOTE: I can't find an old lady bathing suit.. why would I want all that skin to show???

Young man:  May I help you find something?

MS: Yes, I am looking for a 12 inch extension cord, he leades me to the ones they have, all of which are 6, 8 and 12 feet.

Young Man: you really don't want a cord that short.

MS: Well, YES, I do!!!! (In my head I snarled,  if I ask for a 12 inch, I need a 12 inch)
I said thank you, I will go home and order it from Amazon!!!!

YOUNG MAN! I can order one for you, you don't want to order from Amazon, it says 2 days but I ordered something and it took a week.. I walked off and left him talking to himself.

I LOVE Amazon!!!!  I checked my beloved Amazon for a suit? Did you know you can now order up to 6 pieces of clothing, try them on at home, and send back what you don't want, and they will charge you only for what you keep????  I did NOT order 6 suits, all of them show way to much SKIN in one place or another.



18 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...is this a case of win some, lose some?... YAM xx

Ann said...

I wonder why they made the cord on the coffee maker so short. I have to pull mine out from under the cabinet to pour water in but the cord is long enough for me to do it. Plus no matter where I put it on the counter it'll be underneath a cupboard.
I won't even get started on young salespeople or bathing suits...lol

crafty cat corner said...

People moan bout the shops closing down but the reason is that you simply cannot find what you want in the shops but Amazon will always have it.
Briony

Gayle said...

There is supposedly some safety reason for the shorter cords on appliances.
We just had company for a few days that drink coffee (we don't) and reminded them to pull the pot from under the cabinet so the steam doesn't damage the finish joints etc.
I love the extension cord you found on Amazon!
As an office addict, wondering thru Staples is a favorite past time and I have noticed that the employees now seem to be trained to say "I can order that online for you". Well darling, I can do the same---I wanted it today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you found your short cord on Amazon. They do seem to have everything there. I have a problem with most bathing suits. Enjoy your day and new week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

https://www.qvc.com/fashion/swimwear/_/N-roqz/c.html?redirectTerm=bathing+suits

Check out this link. Q.V.C. has all kinds of bathing suits for older people!! And they are all cute and don't show skin. I have been buying from Q.V.C. for probably over 30 years and they are great to deal with. Your new cord looks even much tinier than a foot! What an annoying thing to deal with before you even have any coffee in the first place!

Hootin Anni said...

I too love Amazon. Lol on tbe store clerk talking to himself as you walked away.

DeniseinVA said...

No wonder stores are going out of business. I try to buy certain things from them and they often don’t have them. I resisted with Amazon for the longest time but their products, service and fast delivery are hard to beat.

Julie said...

I order my foodables on Amazon, I sneak Mum's fleasa card outta her purse and well......goodies TREATS, and all sorts of foodables at the click of a paw!
Oh, and i do hopes your cord works, it must be most distressing having problems making your morning puppicinos!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Karen said...

That is crazy that the coffee maker cord is that short! My daughter loves Amazon.

My Mind's Eye said...

Good grief I agree about that short cord. That is totally useless. My coffee pot sits under the counter when not in use but thankfully it has a long cord.
Don't you just get ticked off when a sales person assumes you don't know what you want.
Hugs C

photowannabe said...

I guess I have to echo what everyone else said...My new coffee pot has the shortest cord. I had to get an extension cord for it too. Why do they do that????
I haven't bought a bathing suit in years...don't want to be seen. I think the last one I bought was from Haband catalogue It was nice and covered the essentials nicely. It was a blouson top with boy shorts. 2 piece. I guess if we had a pool I would be hunting for a suit too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Amazon sure makes it easy to get exactly what you want. I like to try on clothes...you never know what will fit or how they will look until you do! Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

You and I both love Amazon! I did not know that about clothes. How did you find that out?

Mevely317 said...

Whoooa. If a young whipper-snapper (er, clerk) informed me I didn't need what I'd just asked for? Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

Like Gayle mentioned, I've heard it's not a good idea to have steam rising under the bottom of wooden cabinets. So we Push-Pull-and Push back … sigh. So glad you found the mini cord. I LOVE me my Amazon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A short cord like that could come in very handy at times.I get disgusted when I have to tangle with a cord much longer than I need.

Grandma C said...

Amusing post. lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That extension cord sounds perfect. Hope you can find a suit. I found my last one at Penney's. Have you ever shopped online at Woman Within?

https://www.womanwithin.com/w/swim/