Saturday, August 25, 2018

Freddy is Back

One Frog, edit in Beta PicMonkey. The New PM is coming soon

I first met Freddy Frog of the Cuban Tree Frog tribe, about the first week of June, 2018.. He was busy making babies. Here he is in water and in his bucket... Please enlarge the below photo and tell me those are the cues ever little sucky feet... and how about those EYES....

The first gang of tadpoles were laid in May and within 4 weeks were tiny frogs.
The tadpoles now are 5 or 6 weeks and show no sign of growing legs. I checked with Google Girl and She said. they can take up to 16 weeks to turn in to frogs, depending on the type. Well Freddy is responsible for both sets.. so what does that mean?

If he wants more children he will have to find a new girlfriend, Mama leaped from the shovel right into Jakeosaurus mouth while I Screamed NO JAKE NO.... she had a proper burial.


if you like frogs, check out the ones I want NEXT...  HERE

He leaped from the bucket to hide in the leaves but it did him not one whit of good!

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

YEAH, he is back! And now to wait till the babies grow legs! The adventure begins. Your online frogs are beautiful. The very brilliant ones are usually poisonous, their color is a warning.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
So sorry to read of mamafrog's demise; good luck to Freddy finding a new mate! I love those colourful frogs, but as Ginny says, some of them will indeed be poisonous. YAM xx

Ann said...

Welcome back, Freddy. Sorry about the girlfriend. Yep, those are some pretty cute sucky feet. I followed the link to see the other frogs and the colors on some of those are amazing.

Anonymous said...

While you make Freddy "adorable"...I don't like frogs although they do a great job with bugs!
(P.S. I did what you suggested...so thank you...hope it works...:)

Sandi said...

Great shots!

eileeninmd said...

YAY, so happy for Freddy. I am glad he is safe and sound back in your yard.
It sounds like Freddy is doing his part in keeping up the frog population. Sorry about Mama Frog, I hope he finds a new mate. Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Lets play leap frog...
Oh the Tree Frogs are such a pretty color
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

So, Jake enjoys frog legs? (Sorry!) I never had the nerve to taste them myself.
Those little sucky feet are adorable, indeed. They kind of look like my grandmother's arthritic knuckles.

photowannabe said...

Glad Mama had a proper burial.
It will be interesting to see what the babies look like.
Happy Freddy is back though.

Inger said...

So glad Freddy is back and I wonder where he will go to find another girlfriend. Among his offspring, perhaps?

Gayle said...

Freddy can find a new gal inside my head. I have developed Tinnitus and I hear tree frogs 24 hrs a day (we call them spring peepers).
Our bull frogs will probably appear in a post at some time. I was out there snapping them this morning.

P.S. In case you haven't heard, tomorrow the 26th is National Dog Day.

Ida said...

Freddy from makes me smile. I do love frogs.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh happy day! But 16 wks.? I woulda never imagined!!

Indeed cute suction-toes.

DeniseinVA said...

So darned cute and I learned more about frogs today.

Ruth Hiebert said...

If indeed frogs can be cute than he is cute.

Chatty Crone said...

It means that Freddy is fertile!

Karen said...

Sorry to hear about Freddy's Mrs. Hope you have a great weekend.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Freddy is so cute. I will have to send you some photos of Amber and Dylan's frogs!