Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Jake, Our Heart Dog


Jake is doing better, he is off an on with the panting/pacing, but has slept 4 nights in a row, letting me sleep until 3:30 am instead of the mid night rides of Jake Revere.... He sometimes get stuck in tight spots and has to be re-routed by mommy.... He grew to 50 pounds by age 1 and has been the same weight for 13 years. He looks younger in black and white, the gray doesn't show. You many never see a color photo of ME again..... Good for Jake Good for ME.


Jake was having a ruff time, he keeps saying "Stop Hounding me with that Camera".  This may sound far-fetched, but he did say to me  "fur-real" mommy?

I am moving to the 'barking' lot if you don't stop following me... Jake says Thanks fur stopping by today.

UPDATE.. I created this post last Thursday for today. The three day week end and today, the panting/pacing is back and he is having trouble getting up and down. Fell off the chair at 2:30 am and I had to lift him up. After a calming treat and a Carprophen, about 40 minutes later, he can walk and get up and down.... the hips are going.. 

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awww, sweet boy. I am glad he has been doing better lately. I guess when he wakes you at 3:30, you just stay up for the day then. Have you needed naps?

KB said...

I am so happy to hear that he's doing better, and that you are sleeping. Give your heart dog a pat from me.

We had an unexpected lack of internet for 3 weeks... and I feel terrible for being so absent from blogs that I love, like yours. I hope to be around more consistently now.

I love the black and white discovery. I'll have to try it!!!!

Ann said...

This is paws down, the sweetest post I've read this morning.

Karen said...

Lookin' Good, Jake!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra and Jake,

Jake is a sweet pup, in color and B&W! It is sad to see our furbabies get old. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Hey Handsome Jake....you are a Warrior and no matter the color of your photos they are purrfect.
Hugs Madi and mom

Chatty Crone said...

I was happy he was getting better - but sad to read the last paragraph. Probably because I see Disco that way too a bit. Not quite as bad. My heart goes out to you. Is he hot there? Love, sandie

DawnTreader said...

Was feeling glad for you until I reached the last paragraph... Sounds "ruff" for you as well as Jake! ♥

Linda P said...

Poor Jake. I'm sorry to hear that life is tough for him and some days and nights are better than others for him. That's distressing for you. Take care all of you.

photowannabe said...

Awww...this makes me so sad that he's just wearing out.
I'm glad the meds help and make him calm and more mobile.
Love your puns and the tribute you are giving your sweet Jake.

Mevely317 said...

Aw! It's always a mixture of glee and trepidation when I spot sweet Jake in your preview pane. I NEVER get tired of reading about my friends' dogs; and of course, Jake is Special. HUGS!

Linda said...

These are days to treasure, aren't they? It's hard when our babies get old. My brother's dog's name is Pepper Jack and he is in about the same shape as your Jake. It's after 11:00 tonight as I write so I am thinking you are asleep and I am saying a prayer it's a good night for all of you.....

Just Mags said...

Poor sweet Jake, so sorry you fell off the chair. Your black and white photos are great and you still look handsome no matter what color your hair. Sending you and your mom and dad hugs and you some nose kisses.