Monday, November 5, 2018

Fall Color and ME -Walk a Mile

The only Fall color on my walk each day... and  you sure can't tell I lost 65 pounds by looking at this shadow....
I have a  Big Boy Story.
If you are new here, Big Boy is our new dog.

We were watching Bob's Favorite show, which only comes on Showtime. I paid 12.00 to get a month of Showtime for him to watch Ray Donavan. We were FOCUSED.... a storm was raging outside, thunder booming.
We found out Big Boy is scared of Rain And Thunder... he had moved from lap to floor, to sofa and ended up under our legs stuffed in the tight spot between the sofa and end table. Suddenly a huge crash, louder than the thunder. BB had stood up, turning over the round, 3 legged cheap OLD table, with lamp and all Bob's junk and his full to the top glass of water. IT WENT EVERYWHERE.
we had to put the show on hold and clean up what looked like 8 gallons of water but was only 8 oz.
Since this was the second time turning over said table and 3rd time lamp went on floor, I hit 4 thrift stores Saturday looking for STURDY and Cheap tables. none to be found YET.

 You may not believe me, but I paid 3.99 for that round table in 1986, and it has survived 29 years in that one spot, with a tablecloth on it, through 4 other dogs.   I am glad it happened. I hate the thing and bob did not want to replace it because There Is Nothing Wrong With It.... now there is. brahahaha
I MEANT for this to be a short story, seems it is NOT




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the mailbox! You always find such cool things on your walks! And I am glad you can shop for a new table now! But you just may want to nail it to the floor before a storm... show us when you find new one!

Linda said...

Keep looking! You will find a perfect table! Anything else you want replaced? Maybe Big Boy can help you out!

diane b said...

Well done with the weight loss. You'll lose some more looking for another table. Poor BB doesn't like storms either did our German shepherd.

Ann said...

I like that mailbox. Very pretty.
So how much did you pay BB to knock over that table?...lol

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
That's a fab postbox!!! Jade was not at all happy with thunder and I could usually tell there was a storm on the way as she got very restless at least an hour before. There is a recent addition to dog care called the 'thunder shirt' which many say makes a difference - would it be worth your while investigating, as I imagine thunder is a fairly regular occurrence for you? I'd also be rethinking having anything BB can crawl under at all... YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Poor BB, I do not like the thunder either. One of my old dogs used to run and hide in my hubby's closet behind his shirts. I like your shadow shot, pretty mailbox. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

My Mind's Eye said...

I can totally identify with BB on tstorms.
It does amaze me how a wee bit of spilled liquid looks like a ton.
Hugs Cecilia

Hootin Anni said...

I don't like the loud, close, thunder either. Can you imagine what it's like for an animal that only wants to survive & knows nothing about the sound? He may have some past history that triggers his anxieties!

65 pounds lost?!! FANTASTIC Sandra!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hopefully you will find a new table soon. Sorry BB is so afraid of the storms. You are of course bound to have many more. I hope he can get use to them.

photowannabe said...

Well, that's one way to get rid of said table, but poor Big Boy.
So sorry he is so scared.
At least he has his Mama and Papa to protect him.
Hope you find another table that will serve you another 29 years....
Love that mailbox too.

Mevely317 said...

Oh, poor BB! No telling what they think might be happening … which makes me even more sad. Another blogger friend has a collie who's similarly terrified of thunder and lightening. His 'safe place' is their bathroom where Rick turns on the exhaust fan to stifle the claps of thunder (a little).

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that pretty mailbox.Hope you find a suitable table as a replacement.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read about Big Boy being so terrified of the storm and while it was a bit of work to clean up the water and other spilled items, now you get to shop. Like yourself, I would also have tried thrift stores and here we also have a surplus hotel furniture outlet - maybe there's one in your area as well, Sandra.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Aaaahhhhh...poor Big Boy, glad to hear you'll get a new to you table!

Chatty Crone said...

I wish I lost 65 pounds. You look great. So BB is afraid of thunder and lightening - not my favorite either. Get rid of the water!!! And find a new table. sandie

Just Mags said...

Poor Big Boy I feel for him and you and Bob. My Chancy is also afraid of thunder, lightening and rain. That is a pretty mailbox. You have really done amazing on your weight loss. Wishing you all the best in finding the table you want and that you get it at a good price. Hugs sweet Sandra