Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Rose and the Big Boy by Madsnapper


Can you find the Big Black Dog? Poor Big Boy, forced to wait for his "place n the sun" by a madly snapping Mama that received a single rose as a gift from a friend at TOPS..



The Story of the Rose started when, Karen handed me a single rose as we left TOPS on Wed. I walked in the door and put in in my priceless vase avocado oil bottle, sat it on the counter and said to Bob, look how pretty this looks in the oil bottle. He answered, it's beautiful and perfect in the bottle. ITS TRUE, he said that. Really.

Suddenly without thinking, I GRABBED THE CAMERA!  Nope! to bright looking into the kitchen, to dark looking out of the kitchen.



It NEEDS Sunlight, my brain says... nope, to much sunshine and dirty red rug...


I tried one or two more by holding the rose in the sun... well, maybe MORE than one or two more..
Below is the one I liked the best, and besides that, Big Boy was waiting for his sunny blanket and I was in his way.   Bloopers to be continued Sunday.


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is beautiful. I love the color. it almost looks like a porcelain rose. I like all the pictures, even the red rug one! Love it's shadows on the floor. After going back and scrolling again, I have to agree that the last one IS the best!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I like the one in the bottom right of the 'mosaic' above the last one...if you trimmed it along the bottom tile line it would be perfect... but my absolute fave is the second one of the rose and BB on his bloggy!!! YAM xx

Linda P said...

How lovely to be given a rose! It's nice to get a bunch, but receiving a single one you can really appreciate its uniqueness. It looks good in the green bottle. I like the mosaic because we can see your kitchen and also the one where Big Boy is ready to take his place in a sunny spot.

Ann said...

Wow, what a pretty rose. I love the color and you're right it does look really pretty in pricelesss green vase. I can't even pick a favorite

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

BB will be used to you and your camera. I love the beautiful rose and color. It does look pretty in the bottle vase. Pretty shadow shots too.
Enjoy your day and weekend.

My Mind's Eye said...

The angles you snapped make it look like a Rose tree. It is such a pretty shade of pink and made for that oil bottle.
Hugs cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed your photos. It is a lovely rose and it does look awesome in the oil bottle.

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say my favorite of the rose was that last photo - it was beautiful!

Mevely317 said...

What a thoughtful friend you have! My favorite's the last one, too; and the oil bottle's a great touch. (How neat to get the unsolicited compliment from Bob!)

photowannabe said...

The rose is beautiful and one of my favorite colors. You picked the perfect vase for it too.
You have such a thoughtful friend at TOPS.
I love special for no particular reason gifts like that.
Big Boy will just have to wait while you do your thing...MadSnapper...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful. A rose is always a good reason to get out the camera.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We always have lots of light for our photos but I have trouble with my backgrounds being to bright! I'm not complaining though! I love the sunshine! Pretty rose!

Pam said...

I am not a rose person and esp not the normal red one but I LOVE this color. Beautiful. I also manage to get my toes in my pics!!

Just Mags said...

Beautiful rose and color. Nice gift too. Hugs