Saturday, November 17, 2018

Walk A Mile Duck Crossing


To bad there is a need for a sign to warn people to watch out for the neighborhood ducks. You would think everyone would KNOW....


In 1990, I got my Real Estate license and like others before me had no clue how to list or sell a home. I got my start because a friend in our Sunday School class, said to me, My mother has had her house listed for over a year. It is small and in a really bad neighborhood. Do you think you can help her?

I listed the house and we all started to pray, enlisted the senior women's SS class that the owner attended .
The house was in an area filled with hookers and homeless wanderers... It SOLD in 30 days. It sold to a HOOKER... I advised the lady to keep most of her money and buy a condo and showed her the perfect one.  I became known at our RE office as The Condo Queen because that sale caused a flood of women in her SS class to decide to list with me and buy a condo...

 My first two years of sales were thanks to the sale of that one home. The house below was one of my listing from the Church. Our Pastor called me and said I hear from the Seniors here you are the person to list my house.   It sold to a nurse and is still as pretty as it was then.


14 comments:

Ann said...

I didn't know you had been a realtor. Have you mentioned it before? If you did I guess I just have a bad memory.
That is sad that a sign is needed to warn people about ducks crossing. However I've found that the people who the signs are posted for are usually the ones who will not even look at them.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Yes, I agree with Ann, in that I've heard so often - I didn't see the sign - or, worse still, 'rules are for breaking' (that in relation to building open fires on parkland...) sigh.

I have a vague memory of you mentioning realty before; I've always been interested in property, but it somehow never caught me to enter the business. I adore watching the home-improvement shows and seeing how folk reinterpret a building. Not always successfully, I feel, but still... YAM XX

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I did not know you were a realtor. It is an interesting job, I like watching the house hunting show on HGTV. I like trying to pick out a house and see if it is the house they buy. I have seen the duck crossing signs, it is sad people still need to be warned. Pretty house and I love the plants and trees.
Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

I had no idae you were a realtor and Queen of Condos!!
How long did to sale homes? I think catering to seniors was wonderful
Hugs cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my GOSH!! I never knew this story! You are the hookers guardian angel! How cool, and kind of funny. So did you quit when you decided to retire? I adore the tall cactus, and the cute little stubby palm tree!!! It is awesome, will fit in our yard, and I WANT it. Think you could go out in the night and dig it up? I will pay postage, ha ha ha!!

Mevely317 said...

Never have I ever seen a Duck Crossing sign! Then again, I'm sure one of these days I'll wrap my car around a tree to avoid hitting a squirrel.

Way to think outside the box, Condo Queen! If you don't mind me asking, was that career great fun … or more pain-in-the-*** than you needed in your life? Trying to choose a house long-distance, I suspect our real estate agent wanted to fire us more than once! LOL.

Chatty Crone said...

I am shocked! I never, ever, knew that about you! That is so interesting. Could you still do it if you wanted to? That is so cool...............

photowannabe said...

The Condo Queen...I love that. You have so many talents. I really like the way you think and care for others.
Great photos and that home is lovely.
The sign reminds me of my Geese Crossing sign near our house.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That had to be an interesting time in your life. It's important to find a realtor you can trust.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I didn't know either...I bet you have LOTS of stories to tell! Enjoy your weekend. I'm taking a day off from walking...and now that's getting hard to do! I want to go outside and play! heehee!

DeniseinVA said...

That's great, what an interesting story. Is it something you have to requalify for or can you jump back in to selling homes?

Ruth Hiebert said...

So, I must ask, why did you quit that position? Sounds like you were really good at it.

Pam said...

So, got your start in the business by a HOOKER....okay then. haha

Just Mags said...

That is the first duck crossing sign I have ever seen. Beautiful trees and plants. Wow, never knew you were a realtor...and a successful one at that. You were where you were meant to be doing what you were meant to do. What a wonderful story to share during Thanksgiving week. Bless you! Hugs sweet Sandra