Sunday, December 16, 2018

Battery continued



When we get home, Bob removes the battery from the KIA, drives to Advance Auto Parts, brings it home and installs it. YAY! for an old drag racer/mechanic that can do that.

I say How much was the battery? He says 160.00 WHAT????? I thought it was 129.99... He says that was what it was last time.

How old was the battery? we don't know! I run a search on my blog BECAUSE I post Every Thing That Happens and find it if FIVE years OLD...

I say where is the receipt? reading it before I put it in the glove box, it says 129.99. I say why did you say it was 160.00? it's 129.99... he says what was the total? I say 140.00. He says you said 129.99

I say the rest is TAX and 1.50 to cover throwing it away... so the total was 140 why did you say 160. that is what I saw,...   NOW you question why I don't ride with him driving in the dark????

Tip below.....
DID YOU KNOW? you can search your blog by typing in the search at the top left where the B is? see above. I do it all the time. When I searched all post with KIA in it I found 87 million posts. Today is 87,001...…..





14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

On my blog it is the top right. It is a really good thing to know, too. Bob must be an awesome mechanic! When we buy a battery at Advance, they put it in for us, no extra charge. This price conversation is kind of dizzying!! But funny too!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That seems pricey to me for a battery. The last battery we bought was from the AAA tow truck driver.. I forget how much it was, but it was for our old Honda Civic. I did know how to search on the blogs. It is easy! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL LOL LOL you 2 remind me of Opal and Earlin the Pickles cartoon! Hilarious
Because of you...I do know about the search block from a few years ago. I used it recently too.
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

Earl in..... not Earlin

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
anything vehicle is small mortgage territory as far as I'm concerned... I removed the annoying bar at top of blog (you can do that in the settings section of dashboard) and put in a search widget at the foot of the page. YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

I am rolling. Good to laugh. Let's see that's 1 million laughs today! And so I know if I return to read this to him (Bud)...it'll be 2 laughs.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you got your new battery. My Mini Cooper batteries are over $300. They are a special size and can only be bought from Mini. (I think you can order something similar from the UK for less) Anyway since I don't drive my car enough we keep a trickle charger on it when it is in the garage. The computer's today will run down your battery if you don't drive enough.

Chatty Crone said...

Funny that is how Rick and I talk. Thanks for the tip! I didn't know that.

Ann said...

it's nice to have someone who can take care of that kind of stuff for you. Wade used to do all the work on the cars

Mevely317 said...

I think it may have been YOU who told me about that search feature. That's better than a Daytimer! (And less expensive, too!) Like Bob, my eyes have begun playing tricks on me. Is that an '8' or a '6' … a '3', maybe?

Ooooh, I finally found that trick on FB messenger and realized that wasn't a 'real' facial mask you wore. (Naïve, party of one!)

Rose said...

Yes, I use the search on mine and yours! No joke...I do it on other people's too, but yours more than anyone's but mine.

Saimi said...

Ha! your conversation with your hubby is so funny and sounds like the way we communicate except for the fact my husband does it to tease me and get me all rilled up...Funny thing it always works even when I know that's what he's doing haha. Good info on the search feature, I'm gonna give it a try!
Have a great week!
Saimi

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

You and Bob are too cute!!

I also love the search feature...it's awesome to reference old posts!

Linda said...

You are just so much fun!!!