Sunday, March 31, 2019

Bad New -Good News


In 2018, we replaced the pool filter to the tune of 500.00 and This week almost a year later, we replaced the pool pump at $709.00.
Not Good news. Butt the good news is, both times We Had The Money, because it broke just before my minimum distribution check comes from my 401k. Last year the check also covered Fridge/Washer/Dryer.

Bad news is I was PLANNING on what I would spend in a couple of week, but the pump must run. Good news, really good news.

On Friday Am I called Pinch A Penny Pool Repair, aptly named because after they visit we are pinching pennies. Any Hoo. They said they would come on Monday, could not give me a time. at 11;30 my phone rang and PAP says, can we come now? our guy is in your area and finished early. YAY! come on down.
He arrived at 11:50 and the pump was in and he was gone at 12:07. It took him 17 minutes to install the pump.
I said hang on, I will get my credit card. His answer was.... "they will bill you, or you can call the office and handle it over the phone, we don't get involved with the payments"   WOW!

GOOD NEWS was Early, In and Out and no fuss... I HATE WAITING. ITS DONE and I still have the money for a few days. ha ha

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great news! Especially the way you pay. You never know if the repair man is going to jack up the price and keep some for himself.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I live in dread of such untimely repair matters... sigh... never good news in my book. YAM xx

Anni said...

I've been known to pinch a penny or two!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is great service. It is nice to have repairman that knows what he is doing too. Happy Sunday!

My Mind's Eye said...

Woo it is all about timing RIGHT⁉️ Your pool is a necessity for you 2. May your funds collect a wee bit of interest too. LOL
Hugs cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sucks when things break down but glad that it was a simple in and out repair, along with having the money available.

Betty Manousos said...

hi sandra, great news!glad that the repairman did a good job. sounds like you have found your forever repairman.

enjoy your sunday! xo

Rose said...

Always a relief to have the money on hand for things like that...so glad it is over and done for you. Without having to wait. I am with you on detesting the wait...

photowannabe said...

So glad you had the money for that. In your case the pump is as important as any washer or dryer.
Wish we had a little nest egg for things like that.
Have a great day, Friend.

Mevely317 said...

Talk about customer service! Nice!
How fortunate for your 401 annual allowance! Similarly, I was already spending our tax refund when our floor (literally) gave way. At least neither of us had to go in debt. Little things mean a lot!

Ann said...

Fast efficient service is rather rare these days. Nice too that you didn't have to pay for it right away.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a company that is there for their customers.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nothing wrong be thrifty or frugal.
Coffee is on

Just Mags said...

Wow that is a lot of dollars I know you are glad you had it and I hope the pump lasts for many years. That was great the guy was able to come and get it done so soon and quickly. Hugs