Sunday, March 24, 2019

Who's On First?


Above creation to help follow this story, Names not given to protect the elderly innocent 

I am the new leader of our TOPS chapter. Our beloved leader resigned to do a lot of traveling.

This past meeting, Ex-Leader handed over the forms and paperwork with a heads up on my new job.

My name is in the minutes, I have the form to send in to Coordinator to add me in National Website.
She will email me all the spreadsheets.

EX leader calls,  her computer will not work or send the spreadsheets. She drives the flash drive to my house. (keep in mind she has driven past the bank twice to bring me the flash drive)

She leaves, Treasurer calls. "Can you meet me at the bank now?" I have checks to deposit, we can add you to the account at the same time."

The 2 of us walk in the bank. We sit at the desk of the Financial Relationship Consultant, and yes that is the real title.

Treasurer states we want to add our new leader on our account and remove the old leader.

Consultant looks at account and states we need the other 2 to sign off. Are they coming?

The answer is No. We need FOUR people and we are only TWO!

REALLY? Who Knew? brahaha…Just wait, it gets better, or worse depending on how we look at it.
loud embarrassed laughter from both of us

 No Problem. The other 2 live close by and we are shocked when both answer their cells and state they are on the way.

I have been watching the Consultant and so far she has not rolled her eyes, or sighed loudly.

Consultant says "we will set it up and have it ready to sign when they get here. I just need the minutes stating your were elected  and your ID. "
Oh NO! 
We forgot to get a copy of the minutes! I say but I have a copy of the form that I emailed to our coordinator this morning stating I am the new leader.

She replies "I can work with that  as long as I have the minutes emailed to me by Monday."

I open my folder and OH NO. IT IS HOME ON THE PRINTER. .
We are now 2 people not 4, no minutes and no form.  Insert embarrassed laughter.

I call my new Coordinator and ask her to email me a copy and she says you sent it to me, it will be in your sent. ( I just know she is thinking, THIS IS the new leader?)

I say, "I used my work email, and I only have Gmail on my phone." She forwards my email to me, I forward it to the Consultant and she prints it. Consider this.. my work email is my name, my gmail is nevermindsandra... Embarrassed laughter again.

Now there are 3 of us. Consultant prints form, says sign above your name.

I am last of the 3 to sign, I notice my last name is misspelled. She gives embarrassed laugh, states my bad  and changes it in the system.

She does not mention, the loud laughter and mad talking we were doing, while she typed from my Drivers License.  NOTE: I did bring my drivers license. 😜




Consultant states, I will print a new form, but if you like, we can use that one and attach the form that says I changed it in the system. Treasurer, who is the same Type A I am, reaches out and rips the form in half, before her mind registers we can use it.
All four of are laughing so hard, I have tears on my face.

The Laughter is LOUD, even the consultant is howling. She state she can tape it together and make a copy of it (by now she will do anything to get us out of there) Ex-leader says we don't mind signing again.
Consultant prints new form, we all sign and #4 signer, Co-leader walks in. She has heard none of above.
Consultant says Sign above the line and she signs it below the line, on something else. (more loud laughter and tears from ALL 5 of us)


I ask for two logins one for Leader one for Treasurer. NOPE! can't happen on a business account.

Consultant states both of you can use the old one, and change your password, I will test the old one before you leave.....

IT DOESN"T WORK, she tries it twice and it LOCKS the account. The one written down doesn't work. The reason being there is no capital or character and that is required.

Consultant contacts IT to unlock account and we are # TWENTY in the wait queue.

INSERT HELPLESS LAUGHTER...we laugh and giggle, IT finally answers, she changes our password.
I say to her as we stand up. I am going to sneak back in the bank and record what you say to the tellers after we leave.... MORE LOUD LAUGHTER.

We exit and Little does she know I have to go home, call the daughter of the secretary, get her to take a cell photo of the minutes and text to me, so I can email to the bank consultant.  I am afraid to tell her this because they might cancel our account.

While saying my 3rd Good bye to the EX Leader, I say, you know the flash drive your drove over to me this morning? I left it in the computer up on the screen, I say if the computer crashes...… OH Well!

 I am evidently NOT the best bird in the forest. I will keep reminding myself of this quote. At least seniors of a feather flock together... and we have TONS of FUN...

Use all the talents God gave you - for the forest would be very silent if only the best bird sang.
 Henry Van Dyke




17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh!! Your telling of this story has to be so much funnier than when it actually happened! Good thing you all had a sense of humor about it all, how else can you get through things like this...

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
that just brought back "open up earth and swallow me" memories! From when I was working in the bank - I was the "lender" on the other side of the desk and got all the way through an in interview with a couple for a mortgage only to find at the end that they were Mr and Mrs John Smith and NOT Mr and Mrs JACK Smith, who were my next appointment and had a loan enquiry of the same amount!!! What are the odds... Anyway, I know how it can all get silly - but with good humour and happy hearts, all will be well!!! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

And now I join your merry band of laughing TOPS ladies!
Thank goodness miss banking lady saw the humor in the event! She might need to be an honorary TOPS gal
Hugs Cecilia

eileeninmd said...

Oh my, what a story. At least there was a lot of laughter going on!
I am sure things will calm down. Enjoy your day!

Ann said...

I can hear the laughter. Thankfully the bank person had a sense of humor. Some of them can be a bit stuffy.

Rose said...

Oh, Gosh...this is good! So funny.

Gayle said...

and . . . reminds me of the saying 'you might as well laugh at life; you aren't going to get out of it alive'.
Glad it's all worked out with the bank. It is right, right?

Mevely317 said...

Girl, I'm howling over here! I wonder if other bank patrons weren't envious? When you first shared your banker's title I thought, "Uh-oh … stuffed shirt." Nice to know I was wrong!

DawnTreader said...

Oh dear. Sounds like you have a challenging new job ... LOL

photowannabe said...

I am sitting here laughing right out loud...
What a comedy of errors...glad you got a patient "consultant".
I can see many interesting posts in our future....
Way to go TOPS Leader... (:0)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! I hope it all goes smooth as silk after all this.

Small Kucing said...

🤣🤣🤣. Sounds funny from the way you tell it . Guess when life give us lemon we have to made lemonade.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't know whether to laugh or pull my hair out! Now do you have a good, long baton/wand to work your magic?

Jo said...

OMW that's a lot of red tape! Wow, Sandra. You make it sound so funny and obviously with you there,the situation was a little lighter ! (Pun intended) BTW Did the Financial Relationship Consultant ask what your organization was about? Did she show an interest to join? Just wondering...All the best with your new project. xx

peppylady (Dora) said...

Good Luck with your position. You should be great leader. I'm the assistant weight recorder in our group.
Coffee is on

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, that was a funny read. I think you deserve a medal for taking this on and wish you smooth sailing after this.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, I can't believe what I read. What a crazy set of circumstances! Good luck with this new venture....