Monday, April 29, 2019

Not a Frog in the bucket


I said to Bob, what is that noise? He replied What Noise?  I followed my ears and there he was. FPL guy in a bucket cutting down the neighbors Bamboo.


We had watched with joy as the neighbor over a period of 2 weeks slowly removed the bamboo that ruins our pool by raining tiny leaves in it. Also when the wind blows, the bamboo shorts out the power lines. I said to Bob as we watched the neighbor, if he touches those 3 tall ones that are touching the power line, we need to be ready to call 911... 2 days after I said that FPL appeared and took it all down safely... YAY it is all gone now. so is the cute guy in the bucket that wondered what the heck the old lady was doing with her camera.

If you are bored with nothing else to do, click HERE for prior post on when I did call the power down number because the bamboo was flaming on those wires. that was back in 2016.


15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hurray!!!!

Ann said...

Three cheers for bamboo removal.

eileeninmd said...

YAY, the bamboo is gone. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead.

Gayle said...

Guess we won't be seeing any Pandas in your future posts. ;)

My Mind's Eye said...

Bam goes the bamboo. I hear it is rather invasive did the dig up the stump too?
Hugs Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad that's done! So where did the frog go???

Mevely317 said...

I'm laughing so hard at your burning bamboo episode. What did it actually, was Bob going "What adrenaline rush?" These men must not have a single 'what iffer' in their DNA.
Maybe this week's boy in the bucket thought you were an OSHA inspector. I'm sure they're tethered safely, but I'd still be reluctant to get in that thing.

photowannabe said...

Bamboo is so invasive...happy dance....glad it's gone, though it will come back if it's just cut down and the roots aren't removed.
Now your pool will be cleaner.
Love the "Frog in the bucket"
All we hear behind us is bang...bang...bang as more of the walls begin to go up...
Windy today but nice...wind is blowing around the pollen...so I'm staying in side most of the day.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I bet it is a relief to finally have the bamboo out of the way!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you are free of that bamboo!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like this should be beneficial in regards to keeping the pool clean.

Inger said...

So glad you got rid of that mess.

DeniseinVA said...

Happy for you. That's a headache gone, no more leaf lifting out of the pool.

Just Mags said...

I know you must be so happy the bamboo is gone. Much easier to keep your pool clean now. Too you want have to be on standby to call 911. Hugs

Ida said...

Nice that everything came down safely.