Thursday, May 23, 2019

Today In Our Lives...



Today I am not at TOPS, because Today Bob is having a Melanoma Cancer removed from the top left shoulder/neck, scheduled for 9 am.
 In June of 2017, he had Melanoma  removed and it has recurred in the same spot. This time requires a General Surgeon, and out patient surgery at the hospital because it will be very deep and wide... We are praying she can get clear margins to prevent more test and surgery and that it has not spread into his body.



Bob has spent every single day the sun shines out in it since 1970. He moved from Pennsylvania fleeing cold and rain and dreary days.  His skin is like leather. He says it was worth it, he is 82 years old and has enjoyed every day of his life outside.
I say this to say, if you are outside for hours, wear SPF, he did not, ever! Neither did I. I don't need it now because the sun makes me so hot I can't stay in it.


All my hundreds of photos show him just like this. He spends his day in and out of our pool, every single day and at the beach if he can.


This is the lotion the Dermatologist gave us to get his leather like skin soft enough to see the skin cancers. it worked wonders in 3 days.


18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Praying!!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
Sendong POTP to Bob...but I like his attitude, even if a little misguided! YAM xx

Ann said...

Sending prayers and good vibes for today. Wade was the same way, he loved the sun and the water.

Rose said...

I have been praying too...you two have been in my daily prayers for a long time.

From the Kitchen said...

Hoping all goes well with Bob's surgery.

Best,
Bonnie

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra I'm sending tons and tons of prayers for the successful removal of all remaining margins of this melanoma. I pray there won't be too much pain afterwards and for your nursing skills and patience.
Keep us posted
Hugs Cecilia

Linda P said...

Praying for successful surgery for Bob and for you too, Sandra, as you look after Bob's aftercare.

Mevely317 said...

Looking at the clock on my computer … imagining y'all talking to the doctor. And saying a prayer.
Like you, I don't spend enough time out of doors to concern myself with SPF. My derma doc in Arizona was a little dramatic I think -- she claimed even driving in the car you're at risk for exposure. Another blogger (Terri) uses that CeraVe. I looked for it at Wal-Mart, but saw the price and put it right back. Maybe I need to revisit that aisle?

PS - These pictures of Bob in the surf remind me of King Neptune.

DeniseinVA said...

According to my clock Bob has had his op. Praying for a good outcome here.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh Bob. I don't blame him for wanting to escape to the land of sunshine. Praying for him - and for the surgeon - and for you. I suspect the surgery is over now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

He's a handsome man for sure! Hope everything goes well for him. We are thankful for the sunshine here but this is a good reminder for all of us!

Saimi said...

He is a man after my own heart, I too love being in the sun but I will wear some kind of SPF but probably not as often as I should. If I'm at the beach or pool I'll be really diligent but then don't think about it when I'm riding my horse or weeding the garden or walking my dog. I sure hope all goes well with Bob, keep us posted!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Keeping Bob in my prayers.
Thank you for the recommendation on the cream.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Positive thoughts with warm and caring.
Coffee is on

crafty cat corner said...

Sending good thoughts over the water that all is well for Bob.
Briony
x

Ruth Hiebert said...

From what I saw on FaceBook, the surgery did not happen. I hope everything is ok.

Chatty Crone said...

I saw on facebook his surgery did not happen??? I tell my grandson who has darker olive skin tones - that no matter who you are you can get skin cancer - but as of now he knows too much. Where do you buy that cream? I hope they get it all out!

Linda said...

Prayers.....I am late to the game. Good to know about this cream!