Monday, July 29, 2019

Wat Hwat was I thinking?


It only take one short episode to start me investigoogling...

Yesterday, Bob stepped into the garage to help bring the groceries inside, as I stepped out behind him,

I said "Stay!"  he turned and said  "Hey, What?" and we burst into laughter. Yes, Big Boy did stay. He understood me perfectly.

Both of us use the word What as a statement or a question and we use it a LOT. We even say What? to Big Boy when he is trying to tell us something.

I simply typed the word What in the google search bar and wasted and entire half hour reading. The first page started with a song with What in the title, scrolling down I found
22 billion 830 million hits. NO kidding, that is what it said. I must not be the only What Investigoogler.



The most interesting of all was a list of What in other languages.   Also I found it is a pronoun, an adverb and a determiner.  Hwat? Wat? Hvad? if you don't know what a determiner is click HERE

hwat was I thinking??? but I did find wikitionary that I did not know exist. 
Have you seen my favorite commercial?     "What "Allstate Commerical HERE

I HAVE NOW WASTED 37 MINUTES CREATING THIS POST. WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TAKING LESS TIME ON THE INTERNET????










16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You gotta do WHAT you gotta do. It is informative and fun. It is like a diet, you can only go without it for so long, then you BINGE.

Hootin Anni said...

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
But it is jolly good fun though, eh what?! YAM xx

Ann said...

What fun learning all about what. I have never seen that Allstate commercial. I LOVE it. I think that's their best one yet.

Rose said...

I would not consider either a waste...you were gaining and spreading information. That is a good thing. What more can I say...it is what life is all about.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Google is amazing, Why not spend time doing what you like doing? Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

Gayle said...

Just yesterday the RG said something to our son who replied WHAT? To which the RG replied WHAT? I thought of the commercial and chuckled.

Mevely317 said...

FIRST, I love your new business card!!!
Can't believe English was once my favorite class. My brain cells have deteriorated so, not only did I not remember the definition of a determiner but too, an adverb. (sigh)
That guy in the Allstate commercial always cracks me up. Offhand, the only commercials I like are those I can sing along with: "Trelegy, the power of 1-2-3!" Or, "We are Farmers, ta-ta-tah…"

LC said...

Oops! lost my comment. It was too long anyway. I'll just say I learned a lot from your investigoogling and got a good dose of laughter. Now that is not a waste in my English grammar book!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Heeeyyyy! I can manage to take that word and give it TWO syllabels! Can you do thaaaattt? Heeheehee! Wha att? Southern style!

DeniseinVA said...

Amazing what you can find on the internet :) That commercial makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for my morning fun.
I find I do say WHAT a lot too...my hearing isn't what it used to be....
Men recovering from surgery can be trying !! Understatment...
Praying for lots of patience as my Hubby heals...enough said...

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

LOL..You crack me up, Sandra!!!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Why do you want less time on the internet?
Would you believe we call each other hello at times when we want to start a conversation?we have no clue how it came about but it stuck.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think we use "what" all the time too!

Just Mags said...

Well now you are going to have me seeing how many times a day I say "What" LOL This post did make me laugh and I really needed a good laugh this morning. Thank you sweet Sandra. Keep Googling and sharing with us more information...we are learning new things from you. Hugs