Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Dumb Bunny at HOME


Continued from my Previous Post, The Storm, The meeting and the dumb bunnies.

As I left for my TOPS meeting, I said to Bob, take care of Big Boy, he will be terrified of the storm. I am glad you are home, I would not want to leave him alone during a storm.... HA!

When I returned home at 9:30, Bob the dumbest bunny of us all, had spent the entire STORM in the back yard REPAIRING the filter pump to the pool.

 I will refrain from repeating what I said, but it had a lot to do with danger of lightning, pneumonia and a terrified dog. inside. alone....YADA! YADA! #$%@^&% maybe.

The Rest of This Story... A year ago I ordered the $400.00 filter because the old one was dumping sand into the pool.
HE chose to use the old Container and put the sand filters inside it. To much work to install the Whole Filter. HE turned the pump on 2 days ago and POW! the filter shell exploded and cracked, a lot like the car hitting the church building.

I said just leave the pool pump OFF until all these storms are gone...

The cat left the rat at home and while she was away, He chose to remove the guts of the broken one, replace the container, install the guts back into it. The ENTIRE time I was trapped in the car in The Storm,

HE was out in it Working on the POOL....with a shaking crying dog home alone inside.... NUFF Said!
But wait, there is more.... There is NOW a LIMB on the top of our roof! HE said he is going up there to drag it off!   NOT WHILE I AM HOME I screamed. Now I am afraid to leave the house.

PS.... the flowers have nothing at all to do with this story, except they are in the back yard where he was working and I already had them sitting in drafts. Two Post with One stone, you know.


16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Deary me... too much worry for one storm. Hope your heart rate has returned to normal! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Poor BB, I hope he is not too traumatized. Bob must have felt safe working out in the yard. Sometimes you can not stop people from doing what they want to do. I am glad Bob and BB and you are ok. Have a happy Sunday!

Gayle said...

Whenever I hear the thump of the ladder and the uneven gait on the roof, I repeat a favorite thought of mine 'Fear not tomorrow. God is already there'

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra my word above.............Bob was surely NOT thinking clearly out by water in a storm and poor BB. Bless his heart. As we have talked about many times, Bob and my Daddy must have been brothers for different mothers.
Daddy would GET something in his head and come he!! or high water HE did it.
I hope and pray Bob will not get on the roof, but should he!! or high water arrive I hope he doesn't do it during an t storm
Hugs of sympathy Cecilia

Anni said...

All I can say is....MEN!! (Flowers are gorgeous)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

My hubby would act the same way as he would say we all have to die some time and would forget to worry about Buddy because he does really forget at any given moment. Now your Pool pump is fixed again? And is your roof very slopped to put Bob in danger when it is not stormy. Get the thing off the roof before another storm. I love the bright red colour of the flower.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How frustrating! It's a wonder you don't have high blood pressure! But I am thinking with all your weight loss, it is nice and low. A day of HIGH DRAMA. Hibiscus are beautiful. You need one of those ankle cuffs on Bob like people wear who are under house arrests. It would go off when he leaves he house, and you could rush home. AS IF...

Chatty Crone said...

Are you positive his name is not Rick?

photowannabe said...

Never a dull moment my Dear !!
Thank heavens everything turned out for the good...Dangerous business...
Poor Big Boy...I'll bet you two had a grand reunion!!

PTL for my hubby feeling a wee bit better this morning.
He slept all night in the recliner.
I think we are through the darkest part of this medical thing, removal of his infected and half dead gall bladder!

His delirium was was so scary.
He truly was not in his right mind, agitated and combative.
Meds are wonderful but at the same time the combo and duration can do crazy things to a 77 year old guy.
We are really laying low and praying lots for a complete recovery, physically, mentally and emotionally.
I am so thankful he doesn't remember a thing about his actions.
Today is a new day!!

Mevely317 said...

BOYS!?#*&! (Excluding Big, that is!)
Oh Sandra, your blood pressure must have been soaring. This reminds me of the time Tom got midway up on the roof for something stupid, then realized how slick it was from the overnight rain. He's all barking at me because I can't get his stupid metal ladder steps to 'hook' in place and I'm THIS close to dialing 9-1-1 and let the firemen rescue him.

Big must have been SO relieved to see you walk in.

Rose said...

Oh, my. Poor dog and poor you...never free from worry. The up side is he can still do stuff like this...believe me that is an upside. Stuff Roger could have did blindfolded before, he cannot do now. He has used the microwave ever since he came home, but each time he has to stand there and figure out how to do it, almost like it is the first time ever.

I give him his meds...have wondered could I trust him to. But the other night I was washing dishes and he passed through as I stood washing dishes..he did not go to the living room. I thought he is surely not taking his meds...it was an hour early. I finished washing whatever I was washing and came around the corner and he had just taken them. I know hospitals give an hour on either side...but he could just as easily looked at it and gotten it two hours off. He looks at his watch and sees/says the wrong time all the time.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Men, what can you do with stubborn thinking..not much. Sorry you and Big Boy had to go through the storm ordeal. At least you had your TOPS friends. Hopefully, Bob will not be seriously injured one day because he failed to head the warnings that are obviously very active in your area.

Ann said...

I have one word. Men! They come up with the dumbest of ideas and there is no telling them anything.

NanaDiana said...

OMG- Your hubby sounds like my own- a brother from another mother....what is WRONG with them??!!! lol I can't tell you how many times I have bitten my tongue to keep my mouth shut--enough times to draw blood. One day I will tell you about him reinstalling a CRACKED toilet (that he had removed) while the new one sat to the side- turning the water back on, sitting on the toilet-it cracked in half and he broke the knob by turning it the wrong way to try and shut the water off---flooded the bathroom and beyond. Welcome to my world...I know how YOU feel! lol xo Diana

LC said...

Oh my!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't believe he was out in that storm working on the pump. No way he should get that limb!!