Friday, November 29, 2019

Hello, my name is Sanford


Yes, I live with Fred's 1st Cousin, Bob! we have two of these lawn mowers and they do not work! Have not worked for years! I keep saying find a way to get rid of them! He keeps saying he will!
I know today is black Friday, and decide to show you what makes me have 
BLACK thoughts!
Just in case you wonder why the fenced yard is so tiny, when we bought the house 30 years ago, we had a dog named Max that hated the meter reader that is up over the AC... We fenced the small area to keep Max contained in the real back yard.  Now the tiny yard is a Sanford Junk Yard. They don't read the meter any more, it is all computerized and read from somewhere in the intranet. If we took the fence down, the whole yard would be Sanfords Yard. You do NOT want to see the garage!


10 comments:

Ann said...

I think it's just a guy thing. In the house Wade claimed he was Mr Neat Freak but in the shed there was so much junk it wasn't even funny.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I remember the Sanford and Son TV show. Luckily my hubby has taken al our old stuff to the dump. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Gayle said...

All I can say is be glad you don't have a basement too--haha
That is our resident hoarder's domain. And he is spurred on because when I need something silly; like a piece of styrofoam or key ring he's got one and then what can I say?

Rose said...

I think the American pickers would like those! You should see all the junk we had hauled off...and cannot miss a thing.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Every home has it's own little 'Sandford' corner, methinks!!! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

We have a lawn mower in the shed. It has not been used in 20+ years.
However, it looks good and I think if the blades were sharpened it would cut good. FYI: we have a lawn boy who comes regularly.
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

I strongly suspect Tom and Bob are brothers of different mothers! SMH … I guess this is a 'guy' thing? Given the eclectic stuff you saw in the Arts District, maybe you could turn these mowers into pieces of art … or planters?
Thanks for the smiles!

photowannabe said...

We have very neat "piles" of "stuff".
Dave is much more organized than I am.
At least we are trying to get rid of some of the accumulated things through eBay.
Really haven't made a dent but at least we are trying.
I do believe everyone has a Sanford and Sons corner some where in their lives...(:0)

Chatty Crone said...

This is funny - we cleaned the basement this week - oh vey - my hubs saves EVERYTHING!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, good luck getting someone to take them! That was a great idea at the time with the fence.