Sunday, February 16, 2020

5 Bloviators and counting

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BLOVIATORS!!!!

This past Thursday there were 5 bloviators in the lobby of the Surgical Clinic. Bob and I waited for his name to be called. A man came in the door, wandered around, started back out the door, spied Bob and froze, staring at him for long seconds, he pushed the door open, backed up letting it close, and stood staring at Bob.
He stepped over to where we sat and said  "I'm sorry for staring but you look so much like my friend Harry, I thought you were him."
I laughed and said he has many look a-likes here...and shared the story of the woman who jumped in Bob's face as we walked into Wal-Mart one morning. She shook her finger at him and raked him over the coals for delivering her washer and dryer and not taking the old ones with him. She ranted and carried on even when Bob said he did not know her and The Bloviator Set Her Straight.

Anyhoo… that was the first bloviator that we met that day. He sat down and we talked until the air was blue with words. He stood up and said I have to go walk around, can't sit for long and as he walked out, Bob said to me  "he talks more than you do".

Impossible I said. And explained at length I am a Chatty Cathy and he was a Chatty Carl and I will spare you that story.
they called Bob back and in walked another Chatty Cathy and a Chatty Carl together. The chose to sit facing me, and our knees almost touched.
Talk about Blue Air from words flying. The 3 of us talked over and under and on top of each other.

I LOVED EVERY MINUTE... I could go on and tell you what we talked about but, since it was over an hour, I will spare you. Bob was NOT sad he missed it. Of course I gave him the Run Down on every word he missed. He was a captive audience and I was driving. What could he do?

Are you a chatty person? Do you LOVE to talk to strangers? do you repeat conversations you had to other people?


I did an image google search for bloviators and OH WOW! Look WHAT I FOUND HERE I searched for my photo and could not find it... but we all KNOW I should be there.

23 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

No, I'm afraid I'm not a bloviator when I'm out. But around the house? Sometimes, it depends on my mood. It is fun.

Rose said...

I should be asleep but instead am reading this and cracking up about Bob saying the first guy talked more than you. Sometimes I talk to strangers easily...others I am quiet. I have always liked meeting new people...always been an eavesdropper in that I listen to others convesations when out in public. Such as someone sitting at the next table.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It can vary a little depending on location and my purpose for being out - but mostly, yes, I love a good 'blether' (Scots) or 'yarn' (Aussie)!!! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

I'll greet someone and usually walk away afterward. Around home I do the talking, Bud listens.

Hootin Anni said...

Btw...been meaning to tell you & kept forgetting: love your new profile image.

eileeninmd said...

My hubby is the talker in the house,he does not give anyone else a chance. I am not a big talker, I will say hello and then clam up.

My has a friendly face, I thought he looked just like a guy floating on a tube in a pool for a cruise advertisement. Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Morning from Chatty Cecilia!
What a great story. It has been said that I will talk to a pole...and keep talking until it finds a way to get away from me.
I get it honestly Mama was Chatty Lou. Daddy used to say he'd turn his back for a second only to find Mama had a new best friend. I am the same way.
If there are folks around, I'll engage them. More often than not they are very receptive too.
Hugs C.C.

Mevely317 said...

I used to be really shy, but 'came out' oh, somewhere in my 30's. Unless I'm nervous, no. I don't think(?) I'm overly yakky. On the other hand, my friend Debbie once referred to Tom as "Mister Monologue."
I'd really like to share more with Tom -- just inconsequential stuff -- but more often than not his hearing aid batteries have died (or he has them tuned to the TV). So, I'm learning to just shut up and talk to the dogs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don’t mind chatting with strangers, but I wouldn’t call myself super chatty.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...the reason Clint called his other grandma Gramma Piggy is because with Down Syndrome he could pronounce Peggy with the "e". Hadnithing to do with harmful words.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Well yes I can be chatty if I find a listener. It can be anywhere. But I can also be totally silent and live in my own little imagined space. I am always trying to learn so thanks for the new term.

DeniseinVA said...

This is so funny! I loved reading about your chatty experiences and how interesting about people thinking they know Bob. I had a friend who moved down to Georgia a few years ago. One of her first experiences was meeting my doppelganger in a shop she started frequenting. She said she was going to get a picture and never saw the woman again, but my twin apparently walks around Georgia! ;) I am a chatty cathy depending on the person I am talking to I guess. Otherwise, more introverted than my hubby who loves to talk. He knows no strangers.

photowannabe said...

My Hubby knows no strangers...He will engage anyone....sometimes more info than is necessary...
Me? Not so much...I really am shy and it's hard to start conversations.
Too funny about Bob...You and he are the "perfect" couple.

Chatty Crone said...

You ask this question from a gal called CHATTY CRONE?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Sounds like fun! Yes I will talk to a signpost lol

Linda said...

Believe it or not - I’m not that big a talker! Louis Dean talks enough for both of us! The other night Sherry was here staying with us and about an hour before we were going to bed I started telling her and LD about the book fair and the teachers wish lists and all sorts of little things like that. We had a fire in the fireplace and it was just a nice cozy evening. After all the cit chat - I said I don’t usually talk that much unless I’ve had some wine! No wine that night! Now if you and I ever get to visit in person it will be a non stop talking marathon! And I’ll hold my own!

peppylady (Dora) said...

No I don't recall if I been taken for someone else. But yes I can be quite chatty my husband got me beat.

Inger said...

When Errol was alive, he was the chatty person. I stood quietly by, wishing we could move on already. Now I seem to have adopted his chatty persona and talk to all kinds of people. And having a lot of fun with it too.

Inger said...

A very funny post, blue with words!

Ann said...

No I'm afraid I would make a terrible bloviator. I rarely strike up a conversation with a stranger but I will talk to them if they talk to me first.
Who knew there would be so many images for bloviator

ClickNCamera said...

As I've gotten older, I do talk more to strangers. My husband and I can have wonderful conversations, but 70% of the time my husband toons me out. Then he will repeat something I said as if it was his thought. So frustrating because I want credit for the brilliant thing that was said! "I just said that" has become my mantra….lol Enjoy your day!

LC said...

I do like meeting strangers and hearing their stories. Sometimes I share the experience, usually with Hubby whether he wants to hear it or not!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do talk to strangers. I had to look bloviator up, I have never heard of it before.