Monday, March 30, 2020

It IS what it IS



I am adding an update today. If you love puzzles and are bored with life at home, got to Yams Online puzzles. HERE
Where my mind goes, I will follow. 
I have not been posting about this contagion, this will be the only post.

I opened a box from Amazon, it's a harness for Big Boy, 
a no pull harness by Mighty Paw, 
sold by Amazon but fulfilled by Mighty Paw. 
Yay! it's here, it did not come in 2 days but 6 days. 
I know the reason is THE VIRUS that is ruling our lives.

 this box was handled by the people who created it,
 the people who delivered it to Mighty Paw, 
the people who put it in the box,
 the people who picked up the box and put it on a truck, 
the people in the truck, at each stop it was transferred all the way from the beginning,
 plus the UPS truck that delivered it. 
 the mail is touched by whomever sent it, 
whomever licked the stamp,
whomever picked it up,
 the postal crew, the zip code persons, 
the loaders into the mail truck 
the mail man who goes from house to house touching every mailbox t
hat has been touched by the people who live in the house...

If we call out for delivery of pizza, follow the same as above...

Somewhere , someone picked the tomatoes,
milked the cow
delivered the milk to
the person who made the cheese, 
created the peperoni , 
ground the flour, 
bagged the flour
delivered the pizza ingredients to the pizza parlor,
 someone made the pizza, 
put it in the oven, 
placed in and closed the box, 
gave it to the delivery person, 
who touched the door handle and steering wheel, he had touched while delivering other pizzas,
went back to his car
then touched OUR BOX OF PIZZA.

 what about when we go for a walk on the streets and bring home what ever the person before had on their shoes, Big boy paws gets it and puts it on our sofa, we sit on it..

Are you picking up what I am putting down??? The Moral of this Story is Just Do what you can and need to do and don't listen to crazy people like me. Be sure YOU LAUGH at all of this and remember!
 Obey the authorities. Stay Home and Pray this thing is over soon.  IT IS WHAT IT IS! Find ways to enjoy life as it is in this moment.


22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have already thought of ALL of this, and more. For all our mail and packages we do this. Bring it in and set it aside. Wash our hands. Do not touch it for two days. Then open it and take the stuff out. Put them aside and do not touch for two days. Covid lives on cardboard and mail a day, and other surfaces for many days. I see your point though.

Hootin Anni said...

Thing is the very scenario has gone on for centuries!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yup, Ginny's got the right idea. Your thought flow was brilliant. YAM xx

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I do virtually the same thing with mail as Ginny does.

When we get anything from amazon, it is like I'm setting up for a surgical procedure, and then afterward alcohol-ing whatever was used to pry/cut/slice into our amazon box, cleaning the product(s) we received, putting the packing box outside,cleaning the item(s) that we ordered, and then sanitizing the table where we opened it. Then scrubbing my hands and then sitting down and then remembering that I had forgotten to sanitize the door knob and doing that and then redoing my hands.

Even with all of that with every product we receive, and every piece of mail, and every grocery store item, I am thankful that we are still able to get these items.

Take care and stay well everyone.

Ann said...

I ordered something from amazon recently and it took 4 days instead of 2. When it came I cut it open took out the contents and didn't give it another thought. The next day I read something about being careful about amazon deliveries.

Gayle said...

Be assured I'm taking this 'new life' seriously but I have been dealing with anxiety for several years and have thankfully learned that obsessing only triggers my fight or flight.
My method for germs (viral or bacterial) is to schedule washing my hands at frequent intervals throughout the day and don't touch my face.
There's no way we can think of everything that may have the virus on it because we are bound to forget at least one door knob etc.
As to Amazon, I've been noticing the change in the two day delivery for several months and the news today is they may go on strike.
As my boss often said, there's no # on the bottom of my foot to predict the day of my death.
I say the good Lord knows when he's calling me home. I just have to remind myself of that in the midst of the current crisis.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,

We have not ordered anything lately from Amazon. I am trying not to think about everything I touch and who touches it before me. We ordered carry-out from our local restaurant yesterday, crab cakes and french fries. I sure a lot of hands touched all our food and containers. It is what it is...Take care and stay well. Wishing you a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...I just showed & had Bud read it. His first words out his mouth were..."Someone else uses your word catasrophizing and I canxt even spell it" and then he said
"Now I'm hungry for pizza.". Men!

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL at Hootin Anni

Oh our two minds think a like. Anything that goes in my fridge either remains in the bag/container until I used it or is washed with soap and warm water (fruit) before I use it. As for me shoes...YIKES
Hugs cecilia

Rose said...

My mind kind of goes through that...but I try not to think and dwell on it. I just try to use some caution...and do the best I can...

Inger said...

So happy this will be your only post about the virus. You made me feel ever so much better!!!!!

Seriously though, I am looking for a puzzle, thanks for the link I will check it out now.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good advice in this post Sandra that we should all take extra precautions and do all we can to remain safe and well, but within reason. Many people are really panicking an suffering even more anxiety than needed, perhaps because of all the news accounts. Yes, it is serious. Yes, people are getting sick and dying, but rational minds must also prevail and personal safety followed as much as possible.

Mevely317 said...

Sandra, methinks this needs to go viral! (Your post, that is … not more virusi.) Given the way my mind thinks, I need one of those catastrophize buttons. Or better yet, a letter jacket!

'Just got back from running errands, and you'd think by the way the shoppers and stockers (Food Outlet) were behaving, there wasn't a thing wrong. Geeze!

Chatty Crone said...

I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM PREACHING TO THE CHOIR HERE AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE A SLIGHT BIT DEAF!
LOL

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Lysol wipes have become our "go to" for everything!!! Mail, money, cards, phones and on and on and on....

photowannabe said...

I just am like Be safe...Be Kind and take the precautions that work for you...Don't do anything stupid to Test the waters...!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Some of those thoughts have passed through my mind, but I try not to get bogged down in this.

Saimi said...

I've seen the advertisement for that dog harness I can't wait to hear how it works. That is if you go out and walk on the sidewalks where your shoes will pick up whatever may be out there and your dog will lick something then lick your face and your husband will kiss you where your dog licked you .......
Take care and hang in there!

CheerfulMonk said...

We might be completely foolish because we don't do anything about mail or boxes coming in. We do go grocery shopping every four days, when the store isn't crowded, and wash our hands when we get home, plus a lot of other times. That's about it. If we get snuffed out by the virus soon, you can legitimately say, "I told you so."

Good luck and stay safe!

Linda said...

Love you, Sandra! You are so good for us!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My mind goes where yours goes! When things arrive it's a whole new ballgame on cleaning and sanitizing everything.

DeniseinVA said...

We do what Ginny does. I haven't licked an envelope for years, just because the glue always made me feel sick. I use a glue stick to seal envelopes always. I've always been a hand washer and always kept my nails short because of germs. I worked in a doctor's office for several years many years ago, and heard a few things that stuck ;) I take the recommended precautions but try not to think too deeply about the what ifs. Not trying to be flippant, just trying not to flip out.