Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers Day Tea


This Post was born in the Mad Mind Of Mad Snapper, when Ella of At Home With Mrs T,  invited us to have a Mothers Day Tea Party. See above badge that started this. Head over to see what Ella does.


I wanted to play and have a tea party to invite my Mother to, even though she is in heaven. I thought, what would she have? 
Iced Tea and cucumber and onions finger sandwiches on a pretty plate.
I gathered the only 3 things in my house she would love, Her vase, pink and yellow flowers, green glass and the plate that is under my cup.


I took a pic


I played with the light setting and took another pic


I gathered what I would want at our Tea... Hot chocolate in my cup and peanut butter bananas sandwich.
Not satisfied I laid the cell phone down on the table and glancing down realized I could see what mother loved the most.
ME! 
and flowers and that ugly pink fan that she loved.



Then I spied with my Mad eyes, the thing she would love to have as a gift.

The Milk Jug with holes in the lid, my homemade watering jug that I painted because 
Linda Chapman told me that is what she would do.
She is the same person as my mother and they would LOVE each other and live in thrift stores together and cook and burn candles and sew stuff..
Unlike me the no frills daughter who has never been to a tea party, the daughter she birthed and loved to pieces.
Happy Mothers Day Mama....


I included the All Watering Jug, to show you why Linda said I should paint the first two I made.


24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your tea party is gorgeous, in both light settings. I was at Mrs. T's earlier this evening. Did you see her awesome built-in china cabinet? LOVE the made-by-you watering can! Now I want to see that pink fan, but I bet you don't have it, or a picture of it. Both your mom and Linda were and are awesome!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, I love these photos! Your flowers are so colorful, cheerful, bright and beautiful! Happy Mother’s Day to your Mama and to you 😊

CheerfulMonk said...

What an incredibly sweet idea! As usual, your post made me happy. :)

Linda P said...

Happy Mother's Day. Sending this with love during a moment when our internet is on. Mostly I cannot get internet at the moment. Have a lovely day and week.

Ella said...

I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Your tea party is great! Enjoy your day sweetie!
Have a gorgeous Mothers day! Hugs!

Hootin Anni said...

Lovin' the tea party. You did good!
Happy mother's day

crafty cat corner said...

This was a lovely idea Sandra and I'm sure if you Mum can look down she would be happy.
Briony
x

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Perfect - that's all. YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,

Perfect tea party. Love the flowers! Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful Tea time!Adorable flowers too!Best wishes!

Mevely317 said...

PERFECT! I'm guessing cucumber/onion finger sandwiches are a Southern 'thing'? I'd only heard of watercress sandwiches, and I don't even know what that is. There'll be no tea, or any other kind of parties at my house today -- but you've given me the idea to use one or two of her pretty glass dishes for Sunday dinner.
I think -- no, I KNOW -- your momma's up there loving this tribute.

My Mind's Eye said...

MS I'am just smiling so very big at this most precious tribute and idea.
Of course I love all your glass wear and posies.
Bravo Bravo and Happy Mother's Day to you too
Cecilia

Rose said...

Oh, boy, did I enjoy this post...I love how you played with the lighting...and love that you knew that your mom loved you vest of all.

Rose said...

And I meant to say Happy Mother's Day!

Chatty Crone said...

WHAT A GREAT TEA PARTY!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - COVID 19 STYLE - WHAT EVER WAY IT IS! ☺
LOVE, SANDIE♥

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Mother's Day to you 💐 Sandra. This was another fun post and the virtual tea party was wonderful when I followed the link provided. I also liked the things you set out in memory of your mom, especially the last shots of you and the fan! Thanks for the comments on my holiday post as well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Mother’s Day. I love your beautiful glass items.

LC said...

What a joyous way to celebrate your mom and Mother's Day!

Inger said...

What a lovely post to honor you Mom. I liked it when you saw what she loved --you! So sweet and so true.

NanaDiana said...

Happy Tea Party, Sandra. What a fun post. It is kind of fun to play at these types of things during these boring 'everything is shut' days. Happy Mother's Day- xo Diana

diane b said...

A beautiful idea to have a tea party for your Mum in heaven. I like the DIY watering can. Great photos too.

Ann said...

I was already at Ellas tea party and yours was every bit as delightful as hers was. Best of all we got to see your mothers version and your version and see YOU.

Linda said...

I love your Tea Party and I know I would have loved your mother, too!
You love all things 'pretty' the same way we do - the way you capture the sunlight on something or the jillion ways you see and emphasize one particular facet of an object or person. Your camera and edits are the same to you as oils and a brush are to me. We just use different mediums. And you are not compelled to keep every single thing you lay your eyes on! I'm getting better about that!
LOVED your watering jugs!! And I love YOU!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you had a fun time!