Saturday, May 9, 2020

Wi I believe I can Fi # 2


Back in 2017, I bought my LG Smartphone, my first ever.. I did this Prior Post of the same name as today's post.

The saga continues... I can still Fi with the best Wi. Above is a screen shot of the LG phone from the past, now replaced with Samsung Smart Phone and the old phone is now my new Mini-Computer and lives on the chest of drawers just outside the master bath.

The phone will NOT send text and will not make or receive calls, who cares? It is a tiny little computer.

 See that yellow quick Memo? It has replaced the pad and pen that was there to jot down notes for blog posts.  I tap the memo and TALK the note to it, Save and Voila!

I can talk emails, talk notes, talk and take photos!   (the new and better Samsung requries finger poking for taking photos)

That saves the hurting fingers and saves the thoughts for just in case I lose them.

I can also tap voice search and Google Girl will take me on line and answer questions. The important ones, like Mel Gibson's Age.. Or Hours for CVS?

Look up phone numbers in my contacts to use in the land line sitting near by.. (Samsung lives on kitchen counter)

Take and upload photos to that pin wheel, which is all my photos on Google.

It has a camera, my Weather Radar, Messenger and could have FB, but I have given up FB and decided to do only blogging. saving the hurting fingers.

UPDATE per comments so far
The phone must have wi-fi. almost al smartphones do.
Connect with wi-fi at home, just like you do with your computer.

I wish My mother could see all this that this tiny and mighty little 3 inch computer can do. It does the same thing as a PC and somethings better.


My new bathroom charging station is ready and waiting. I will be using the old phone to take photos like these. The kind I take and tell a story and delete and move on to the next crazy post.

Did you know you can turn an old smart phone of any kind into a MP4 player for your music?

Wi-Fi, how I love you... as long as the power stays on to keep the internet waiting..



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would never have thought of this! I must look for my old smart phone now, and see what it will do. How brilliant this idea is. But one thing... to Google questions you need access to the web. And to have that on a phone, you need to pay monthly for media. So how is this possible on an old phone?

Hootin Anni said...

I don't think my old phone would do this since aid need to have it connected with my phone carrier.

Hootin Anni said...

aid (I'd)

Ella said...

That is certainly a very nice little computer ... and handy too!
Girl, did you shut down the Face Book? How bad! LOL
I've never had a Face Book account!
Enjoy your weekend! xoxo

Ann said...

I still have and sometimes use my old phone. On my new one I keep the wifi turned off because I have way more data than I could possible use each month. In the past though with other plans I would turn the wifi on so that the phone would work off that instead of the data.
Wade kept all the old phones we've ever had and I've been thinking about charging them to see if he had any pictures saved to any of them

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think I traded my phone in for my newer phone. The "talk" feature is great, I think my hubby could use that. He can not type. The WiFi is a must. I hope your hands are feeling better. Take care and have a great day!

Yamini MacLean said...

hari om
You tek-savvy old bird you &*> !! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

The WWW, even after all these years, still amazes me.
I can vividly see in my mind's eye back in the mid 1980's when the company where I worked got an amazing little machine..back then it was called facsimile..soon to get it's nickname of FAX. After it was installed we all stood over it waiting for it to ring and when it did we all jumped.
Hugs Cecilia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My hubby said you can also use an old phone as a security camera. He's the tech guy around here! I love all of our devices! It makes like FUN!

Rose said...

I tell you, I don't know what we would do without computers...I know we would survive, but we would sure have withdrawal symptoms. I cannot imagine having this a young kid, or the kindle! Just think how easy it is to get a book to read now!

My old phone was an LG but it was completely freezing up!

Mevely317 said...

I'm downloading the Notepad app right this minute! Sure beats carrying around index cards!
Believe it or not! After nearly two years (me) nagging Tom's sorta considering getting another phone. That thing gives the term dinosaur a good name. I gotta show him your neat auxiliary phone-turned-computer. Woot!

photowannabe said...

I will be sad to not have you on FB. I don't post everything I do to my Blog..FB is my daily journal of sorts.
You are beyond clever and These ways of communicating will really help your hands and pain level.
All the techie stuff just gives me a headache...I do surprise even myself at some of the things I do,,do and figure out...Of course you have come to my rescue so many times...Thank you a million times over !!!
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

If you have Wi-Fi in your hosue to one - wouldn't it go to all phones?

Anyway - you are brilliant. As usual.

I sent myself notes verbally all the time on my phone. Don't like it quite as much as Andy does - and I don't carry it in my hand everywhere- but I do l ove it.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!♥ sandie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I often wonder where we would be without internet and computers, of all sizes. I think I would be so lost.

CheerfulMonk said...

Torben gave me his old iPhone 7 plus without a SIM card, so it's WiFi only. I use it mainly for taking pictures and I use my iPad and Mac Mini for everything else. I could text using it if I wanted to. I send Andy a text message to his cell phone and to his email address almost every day. To send it to his phone the email address is [his mobile phone number, no spaces or dashes]@vtext.com. "vtext" is for verizon.

For ATT:

"You can compose a new email message and send a text, picture, or video message to a wireless number.

Text message - Compose a new email and enter the recipient's 10-digit wireless number, followed by @txt.att.net. For example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.
Picture or video message - Compose a new email and enter the recipient's 10-digit wireless number, followed by @mms.att.net. For example, 5551234567@mms.att.net.

Heads up: Don't include dashes or spaces in between the numbers."

I learned that from our contractor for the greenhouse, and it saves me a lot of time every day. I used to have to type things out on my non-smart phone. Now I can do it from my computer. I also receive any answering text in my email inbox.

How cool is that?!


Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wi-Fi is awesome and I'm so glad you are keeping up with things and loving your new phone, along with using your older phone. I remember a few years ago when my great niece was in Paris and my dad got to talk and see her on my nieces phone. He couldn't believe it!