Tuesday, May 19, 2020

We are in Storm mode

It's Monday Am, I am in my rocker with laptop in lap, phone rings at same time a clap of thunder booms.

The words Emergency Message comes up on caller ID on TV and Phone, and while listening to severe weather for your address, I race to above radar on tablet and there it is RED almost on us.

The phone says take cover, severe thunderstorm for your address, may have wind to 60 MPH and/or lightning damage.
AND THEN
I remember the new weather radio of the" Virus related Amazon Coma purchase".  see PRIOR POST

 I reach over and push the button to WB, and  30 seconds later, the siren goes off and I say IT WORKS, no way we could sleep through that.... Yay, my first siren warning and we survived it.. I shut it down, it goes off again. I turn it off, we are awake and watching...
we have a Back Up Siren.

This is our other weather siren.....he is also 'going off' and no way to turn it off though.


 No damage Other than my toes and feet are numb because a Big Black Dog is squished  between my chair and the footstool, ON my feet...    we are fine...  and Thankful...  Always Be Prepared !


21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank goodness! Scary! Since you don't have a basement, where is your safe spot to go?

easyweimaraner said...

oh wow... we are so glad everything is good at your place and there was no damage.... hugs to the pup, we hope the evil storms will not come back to you...

Linda P said...

Glad you, Bob and BB survived the noise of the alarm system and more importantly the scary storm. It's a hazard I can only imagine. Glad you have warnings for these events.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Eeek, I love the tropics, but not the storms that the tropics endure! I'm with BB!!! YAM xx

Ella said...

Thank goodness it is going well!
As a storm in the Netherlands I am a bit scared, although I really have no reason for it. But with you it is different! I really can't imagine ... I wish you all the best!
Hugs!

Ann said...

Glad all the sirens are in working order and that you are fine and had no damage

Rose said...

I wish there was something to be done for dogs that suffer so bad. We had the one collie that nothing would comfort her.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Those sirens going off would be scary. I am glad you are prepared and safe! Take care and have a great day!

My Mind's Eye said...

BB I am so sorry this loud weather has arrived so early.
Sending comforting hugs
Cecilia

Hootin Anni said...

My hotspot is wonky on the phone & comment form is not loading. So I will put my comment in REPLY. Stay safe. Hope Big is okay now.

Hootin Anni said...

My hotspot is wonky on the phone & comment form is not loading. So I will put my comment in REPLY. Stay safe. Hope Big is okay now.

Mevely317 said...

Oh Sandra, I'm SO relieved to know y'all and your house are okay! (Well, besides your toes!) Florida's thunderstorms and lightening are something I'll never forget. Kinda like that old war-time saying, "There are no atheists in fox holes."

Gayle said...

So the mackerel sky was a hint of things to come. I hope you got some rain too. And glad you are safe (all but your toes).

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's good to get those warnings, but even better when nothing severe happens.

photowannabe said...

Wow, scary...I'm glad you are doing okay though.
We had some pretty good boomers last evening but nothing like your description.
The hail was really something too. We were driving in one of the hail squalls ...I thought the windshield was going to break...couldn't see a thing for a few minutes...then just like that...it was all over.
Stay safe and so glad your warning siren is working.
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

YAY!!! I forgot to mention we got our emergency radio a few weeks ago, same as yours. Thanks so much for sharing it!!

Chatty Crone said...

Love how he looks to you for safety. Glad you did not get hit with heavy storms - are you sending them our way?

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad you're safe! Take care.

DeniseinVA said...

I was wondering how you were down there. Continue to stay safe :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you are all okay!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Good that you remained safe. What do you do to be safe when alarm comes?