Thursday, April 9, 2020

Zurio is HERE. We Are Covered


Zurio is here! No, not Zorro! Zurio. Our new Emergency Radio, came from Amazon yesterday!

It is powered by a rechargeable battery, that can be recharged by USB cord, or simply sit where light hits it and the blue solar panels will keep it charged for 25 years.  Of course that would make me 100 and Bob 108, so I guess we can say it will last us our lifetime. It can also use 3 AAA batteries but no need for that unless there is a month of no sunlight.



Features are Tornado Siren, and it doesn't have to be ON to let us know.

NOAH Weather radio

SOS feature, if we push the button to run on the high beam flashlight, it will flash SOS lights PLUS a very loud Siren..I MIGHT JUST PUSH IT!

 I did not test SOS feature, Bob said if I did the cops might come and in the middle of 3 weeks at home, I don't have my hair or makeup ready.

AM/FM radio
I almost forgot, It will charge a cell phone in an emergency, and the whole thing can be powered by a nifty little turning thingy that will give you 10 minutes of power for 3 minutes of turning.
I turned it 60 seconds and gave up...

But I did test the bonus that came in the package. A REALLY SHRILL WHISTLE! Big came running and stood and cocked his head back and forth. He gave it 4 paws up for being loud.  Now if a tree falls on the house and we are buried under rubble, we can blow the whistle, turn up the radio loud, flash the SOS!...… I guess I will have to wear it around my neck to be sure I have it with me when the tree falls....
I have now placed 4 Amazon orders in 7 days, I hope this virus leaves town before we go broke.






19 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray! It sounds as if you are prepared for just about anything.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I must admit to buying a couple things from Amazon myself. We HAVE to, before they go to selling only the absolute necessities. Very tempting, how much did it cost?

diane b said...

Sounds a very handy gadget. WE saw a BBC program on Amazon the other night it was quite scary what they know about all their customers and what they do with the data. Hope you are coping okay.

Ann said...

Well that sounds like a very handy radio to have. I like that it can recharge with the sun. With my luck I would be trapped somewhere and the radio wouldn't be anywhere near me to be of any help

Hootin Anni said...

Great for hurricanes/no power for weeks. lol on cops & no make-up.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Crikey, if you can't be saved with all them bells and whistle, what hope is there?!! YAM xx

Ella said...

Is good if you are prepared for everything!
Hope you are healthy and well!

eileeninmd said...

Wow, sounds very cool. You will be ready for anything. Amazon must love you, with all your purchases. Take care, wishing you a great day!

My Mind's Eye said...

And it is a most handsome handy dandy thing to have too. Solar charged what a great feature.
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

I got so tickled thinking about you wearing it as a necklace...thank you for that mind image.

Mevely317 said...

A couple years ago I bought an iRonsnow weather radio -- yet it goes through batteries like nobody's business. What-cha want to bet I'll be pushing buttons on Amazon in a little while. :)

Thank God for Amazon! Because there's no thermometers to be found around here, I ordered an infrared one yesterday … just in case. Even Walgreens is totally OUT of Tylenol. Scored one of the last two boxes at Winn Dixie this morning. Again, just in-casing.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I showed the emergency radio to my preparedness export here. He said you did a good thing my getting one with multiple power sources. However, he doubted it would hold a solar charge for 25 years! And, who would be around to test it?

Buttercup said...

Sounds very useful. I used solar radios at my job -- Transit agency -- and it was really useful during hurricanes when we did lose power. This is another thing I need to add to my list to order.

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you are ready - hope you don't ever need it for something serious tho.

photowannabe said...

That sounds like the perfect emergency equipment for you, especially where you live.
You definitely are prepared for anything.
It's so easy to order from Amazon that I fear I could go broke too.
Just paid our final installment of our property tax...talk about BROKE !!
Glad it's done though. We can now live in our home for another year..Yippee...

DeniseinVA said...

That's impressive! I bought an emergency radio a few years back. I wasn't in the Girl Guides for six weeks for nothing, till camping came up and I withdrew ;) I'm the one who gets all the emergency kits for the house and each car we have bought over the last 44 year. Time to get rid of the old one and buy this with all the bells and whistles :) Thanks for the chuckles, always enjoy your posts.

Linda said...

This is bringing out the Girl Scout in you! Ready for anything!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What an awesome thing to have "just in case"! I do believe I am going to have to talk to my hubby about buying one too!! Thanks for sharing Sandra!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sounds like a very useful piece of equipment .