Monday, October 26, 2020

Two Toes and a Finger

 

 

 I injured my pointer finger. The one on the Right Hand, Right?
The one I use for everything.
 
Remember when I cut my toe stepping out of the pool  last month or maybe 2 months back?

Before that toe healed, I turned off the 6 outlet extension cord to reboot the internet modem, by using  my big toe on the other foot, and cut the little toe.
That mean Big toe on left, small toe on right
WOWIE....OWIE!

that meant another week of not wearing my walking shoes. 

2 days later, during a storm, Big was under the desk, on my feet. Ready to stand I realized if I rolled the chair back, it would crush his foot, I twisted and turned sideways and the chair castor went up on my big toe on the foot with with the little toe injury.

It carved out a chunk on top of big other Big toe and hurt like you know what, causing a few HBO words.
Pretty sure it was broken. and real sure it was bleeding.

Now I have 2 big toes, one little toe, that will not fit in a show except for sandals.
THEN again!
3 days later,
While raising the window in the bedroom to let the house air out, because we got ONE DAY with wind and temps in the high 60's, 

I did not know the window was locked, I NEVER lock it, 
Bob swears he did not. 
HUMMMM
I shoved up really hard because the window sticks,
 causing my knuckle where the pointer finger connects to the palm to snap and swell really Big.

Later that day I picked up prescriptions, also a pain. just a different pain
.
The pharmacist asked what was wrong as he watched me try to sign for the prescription's
He looked at it and moved it around and up and down 
and assured me it was not broken, and said, if it were, ER would  just 
immobilize it and he said you can do that yourself.

Toes are important!
But POINTER FINGERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT
to be continued because I am trying to keep my post shorter...find out  
😛😛🙌🙌🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😉😉

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

HURRAH you are back!!!! But I am so sorry about your I juries! You are just like me. Every morning as soon as I get up, my accidents start. And I always have bruises from continually walking into door knobs. It's true, they cannot cast broken fingers or toes. Do any of them hurt all the time, or just when they are moved or touched?

CheerfulMonk said...

That sucks!! ☹️

We miss you when you don't post,but we understand and wish you the best.

Linda said...

NO!!!!! Joints are important! Toes, yes. FINGERS for sure!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

So, you are back with injuries. Your toes and fingers are all important. I am glad to see you posting. Takes care of yourself.
Have a happy day!

Ann said...

It sounds like you need to keep shoes on your feet at all times to protect those toes. OUCH!!!
Even worse than the toes is that pointer finger. That one gets used a lot. It seems like whenever I injure a finger it's always the middle one.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
When I am tired and cranky anyway is when I tend to find I am kicking stuff I didn't know was there and which doesn't move = injured toes... or in the kitchen, I lose coordination and keep jamming the door handles (mum's choice long ago) edges up under fingernails... so you have my full sympathy! YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Eeeeee-u-ie! Not the ways you've described, but ya. I've felt that pain. Why is it, even a minor injury on one of our digits hurts more so than other body parts? You know, I'm delighted to 'see' you here again. But good grief gurl, we're gonna have to swaddle you in bubble wrap.

PS - Suppose when you were putting up that big cardboard on the bedroom window it got accidentally locked?

Gayle said...

When it rains it pours. Sounds like a downpour is raining on your parade. And wouldn't you know those are injuries that only time will heal. I hope speaking some of what you want to type is helping a little.
But most of all, so great to see your post. You were missed.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Holy moosepoops, Sandra!! Doesn't it seem like when one body part is injured, another and yet another follows? That's what I discovered the past few months too. Not toes and figures though...they're painful, girl!!! Maybe you should consider dictating to Bob..LOL!!!..:)jp

Martha said...

Holy Cannoli that's way too many toes and fingers at one time. You need to be more careful Sandra! Glad to see you posting :)

Rose said...

Oh, my goodness...I do not envy you all that....any of them would be bad here cause it is getting cold till I wear shoes. But still the pointer finger thing would probably be the worst of it all.

Ida said...

Oh my gosh woman you have really been hard on yourself lately. Sending you good healing vibes. Keep those toes and fingers safe!

Chatty Crone said...

I am thrilled you are back - but I hate you are injured. You sound a bit like me! lol

photowannabe said...

So glad you are back and man oh man...enough already!!!
It's good that you can talk to your computer and don't have to hunt and peck while posting.
Heal quickly please and BE CAREFUL .....
Sue

Hootin Anni said...

Well, personally, I'd relish having a pointer finger injury. I'd wrap it & wind gauze around it to make it bigger to get my "point" across to Bud when I tell him to turn the tv down! ::finger pointing:: "and, I mean it".

My goodness Sandra, take it easy. Let it all heal. (And check the window locks first...we have another cold front moving south)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope someone is kissing all your boo boos! heehee! You better take care of yourself or we will wrap you up like a mummy to protect you! Then send you out to collect candy! I'm glad you posted though. I think about you all the time and want you to know I care! Hugs, Diane

Ruth Hiebert said...

SOunds like a string of misfortunes . Now it's time to let all this heal and move forward .

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Seriously, it sounds like you're in war zone! BE CAREFUL

My Tata's Cottage said...

A soft blanket and possibly bubblewrap may be the best for you. May you heal all your injuries and be extra careful. HUGS XO XO XO XO

DeniseinVA said...

Oh no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!