Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Two Toes and a Finger continued

  

Continued from yesterday Post...

Bob and I had an argument about who locked the window and who put it down last. 
I kid you not, I was in agony, limping on 2 feet, with 3 toe injuries, my finger swelling and throbbing and we were Talking Loudly over just whose fault it was by locking that window.
Enough about that.

Have you ever tried to spray hairspray without a pointer finger? 
Did you know if you use the OTHER pointer finger, you will entirely miss the hair and spray the mirror?

You also need need to know you need that pointer finger to Squeeze a Spray Bottle of Lysol Cleaner in the shower.
Try squeezing a tube of anything without that finger..

There are a few things that become awkward that I will NOT mention here. In the bathroom.
 Use your imagination.

Last but not least, trying to feed pumpkin to Big Boy, using the OTHER pointer, the food ends up on his face, on the floor and he says what is up Mama? Use the right finger.
Right?

Also the last, but not least, if you try to peel apples to cook them for your dog that is ill, and you use your favorite ceramic knife, you will drop it on the floor causing the tip of it to break off.

The tip disappeared, it is gone, could not be found. even with a broom and a bright flashlight.

I am sure I WILL FIND IT with ONE OF MY FEET..

See dog food apples cooked and raw below..........

Guess what? when I went to set these for auto post THEY WERE BOTH ON BIGS BLOG NOT MINE.  (remember these were created before Big died)

They have been in drafts on the Fourpawsetc blog since OCT 4th...  

Sunday Oct 25th, I finally copied from that blog to this, 
If the first finger on your dominate hand, in my case the right hand, is out of commission
that one finger is  Something You WILL Miss.

 the finger still hurts, and I never did find the tip of the knife.

this was on auto post  and I am trying to talk to my tablet to add this information. I had a 1:30 appointment with my primary just my regular get my prescriptions blood pressure that kind of stuff. On Monday Which is now yesterday if this works! I had soaked my feet so that I can trim my toenails and I got up and dried off my feet and then I needed to tell into the tub I forgot that my feet were slightly damp and I stepped out onto the ceramic tile and my right foot went out behind me and I fell on both my hands and all my arm and on the way down I ripped the skin in three places. Bleeding like a stuck pig down on the floor needed somebody to help me up and no Bob to be found. I dragged myself on my butt into the bedroom and got managed to get up and then I went to the doctor and walked in the door with blood dripping off my hand and a hematoma on my left knee I went down on that knee that looks like a softball. They took 5 X-rays of hands and elbows and three of the knee and nothing is broken and he said I have beautiful bones. What he exactly said was you have beautiful bones how old are you and I said 76 and he said wow you really do have beautiful bones. So nothing is broken but I can't walk for 3 to 4 days I have to lay with it propped up and put ice on it I can't go in the pool at the Y for at least a week maybe longer. I can't walk the dog. And here I am and I will not be back until I figure out what the heck I'm going to do. I may or may not be able to comment by talking to my phone we shall see what we shall see



29 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so sorry you're having problems and hope things heal and you're back to normal soon. I do envy you for your beautiful bones! My doctor nags me to take drugs for mine. So far I'm resisting but am working on my balance, exercises, moving safely, etc.

Good luck with your finger being out of commission for a while. Did the doctor give you an estimate? We miss you, but take care!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh NO!!! What a nightmare you have had! Yet I am so glad it was not a lot worse. Will you be taking pain killers? Be careful, do things slow, rest. This is just unbelievable.

easyweimaraner said...

hugs and lots of potp to you... we hope the pains will become less... this is the year where all da sh.. things come to us...

Ann said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you didn't break anything. Hope you recover quickly.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful bones & all...girl, I hooe your blood pressure remains under control with the meds...you don't need a stroke or heart attack on top of all you've been thru this past couple months. Take it easy. So, where was Bob all this time?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yikes, mate... you take the proper time to heal - we'll be here awaiting your return! And for goodness sake, not more pranks okay??? YAM xx

Martha said...

Unbelievable! I mean seriously just unbelievable! I'm glad nothing is broken but what a mess. Just rest and recover, don't worry about blogs!

Rose said...

Oh, my, goodness! I am glad nothing is broken but this does not sound like fun at all. I sure know where you are coming from though.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really have managed to put your whole self out of commission! Take care sweet lady! Try to rest and relax and get better! And look at that last photo again...look how skinny you look and feel better!

eileeninmd said...

Oh my, your poor toes, arm and hand. I hope everything heal quickly, take care. I am glad you have great bones, you fall could have been really bad. Take care! Wishing you a happy day!

Mevely317 said...

Ahem, what was I saying yesterday about swaddling in bubble wrap? :)
OK, all kidding aside. I'm so relieved to know you've no broken bones. That's really a nice compliment the doc gave you. (Like my mother, I've osteoporosis, so they're always cautioning me to be careful.)

PS - The pointer finger? M'gawd, you crack me up. You KNEW I'd try spraying my hair without using that finger, didn't you? Epic fail.

Sandee said...

Yikes on that fall. You take it easy and get better. I hate it when fall down. ♥

Linda P said...

Sorry to hear of your woesand hope you heal soon and find that ceramic tip of the peeler and not with your toe!

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you had good bones - oh me oh my. I am soooooooooooo sorry this happened. You look like you were beat up!!!!!!

photowannabe said...

Good grief, my friend...
What are you doing to yourself?
I am so sorry. You really did a number on your whole body.
Now Beautiful Bones...please take it easy and heal quickly.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my!! Sounds like trouble has a way of finding you. Take care my friend.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Oh Sandra, sending love, prayers and (((HUGS)))! Hope you are feeling better real soon!!!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have had some tough times, Sandra. Hope you will be feeling better. If anyone can fine a way to keep blogging It would for sure be you. Bet you were glad to hear that compliment on your bones too😀

jp@A Green Ridge said...

As concerned as I am about all your injuries...remaining stationary is just not you...I can't forget about that knife tip, Sandra. The Pres dropped a ceramic bowl a few weeks ago and I was on my hands and knees looking for shards. Three days later, one appeared out of nowhere...just out in the open! Maybe Katniss had found it...who knows. Please be careful and take care...:)jp

Debby@Just Breathe said...

First of all I'm so sorry. Misery on top of misery! Sorry you had to butt crawl out of the bathroom. (My dad, living alone had to army crawl to his phone but never made it. Passed out and my sister found him 24 hours later with his broken femur 3 years ago) You are very lucky. Glad you had a doctors appointment. You take care and rest. Feel better soon.

Forsythia said...

Just reading about all your mishaps has been very painful. The up-close-and-personal experience must be a real humdinger. I do envy you your beautiful bones. That is nothing to sneeze at. Like many old ladies I have osteoporosis and have broken a leg, but I will never forget a dentist I went to years ago telling me that his mother's bones were so fragile that she broke ribs sometimes when she sneezed.

Linda said...

Good grief! I did NOT see where this was heading! I am so sorry about all the mishaps but I am so very proud of your beautiful BONES!!! They are SO important!
I tell Louis Dean and myself all the time - Do NOT Fall!!! A fall can change everything and I am grateful yours will not affect you long term!!
BE careful!!!!

Ida said...

Oh no. I am so sorry that you have had such a time lately. It all sounds very painful. Thank God nothing was broken. Sending you healing vibes again. Please be careful.

Betty Manousos said...

oh, NO! i am so, so sorry. i am glad that nothing is broken. please heal quickly and take good care of yourself.

(((hugs)))

Cranberry Morning said...

Well you are in a bad way, lady!! But so glad you have beautiful bones. That certainly helps. And please do not find that chip of blade with your feet!!!

DawnTreader said...

Sorry to hear about your accidents, I hope you'll heal well. I do know about not being able to use one's dominant hand/arm, I had serious problems with that for a long time. Still some pain problems in my right arm but better in later years.

lexitheschnauzer said...

When I read your comment on your 4 paws blog, I had to come over to see what happened. Oh my goodness! Something is surely going on... please take care of yourself and BE CAREFUL.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am so sorry you took a nasty fall. You need to take care and get some TLC> That pointer finger may be a good grateful too. I always love your comments. Take care and feel better soon. HUGS XO XO XO XO

DeniseinVA said...

Oh no, no, no!!!! I had some catching up to do here. So sorry about this. Heal quickly!!!!