Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Repost from July 2, 2010 Wordy Wed

Hi, Blogger Friends, I still have "Better" photos to show you from our Saturday Walkabout. Today we go with Story and Not Purty Photo's

try guessing right now what this is.



Have you guessed yet?



First let me explain the why of this post. I suffer from ICB (insatiable" Curiosity Bump") and have since birth. Th e first thing I think when I see just about anything, is either WHY, WHO, WHEN, HOW. If I were a cat I would find myself way past the allotted "9 Lives".


We came to photograph, trees, beaches and birds (all of which are in abundance at Longboat Pass, Coquina Beach)

We parked the car and the first thing I noticed were the two young men standing on the beach, one held a boom out in the air, the other was fiddling with a contraption in his hand.

"Look, Judy, what do you think they are doing?" "do you think they are taking photos?" "They don't have cameras, but that looks like the thingy they stand behind models" "Quick, let's go sit on the bench and wait and see what happens"

We walk past all this beauty, and sit ourselves down to watch and ponder. (you can guess by now what I was pondering).

We sat and waited for 10 minutes at least and they did nothing. We took a walk down the dunes and the paths, snapping photos of wonder. Worn out after our Back Alley Episode, we head back to the car and There They ARE! Still standing around fiddling.

You can say NO YOU DIDN'T here, since it will be appropriate.

Yes, I DID! I left the path walked over to the two young men and said

"What are you doing? taking photos?"at a nod of yes, I said

"of what and why?"
ONE of them was very nice and answered me, the other one looked at me like I was a crazy old lady off her rocker for asking.

The answer was they were waiting on their models to show up. He said they were shooting an environmental photo for a contest.

Did I say thanks and walk away?

You got it! NO

I said "what kind of photo? I can see you are shooting towards the water and rocks and pier." he politely explained the model would be holding a fishing line with a man on the other end with a hook in his mouth" (say what)

by now I am dying to know if I can see that photo somewhere.

Did I ask? Yes I did. No, I can't it is a private contest.

OH NO! not private! how will I know what happens

All this while Judy patiently waits on the path to the car.

I wish I could end this by telling you The Rest Of The Story, but I just don't KNOW it... boo hoo

                                 

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You got enough of the story for ME to be happy!! Wonder if this photo won...

Hootin Anni said...

Now hold on, wait just a "gull"-darned minute. A man on the end of a fishing line? Is that legal in Florida?

Ann said...

Interesting story. I wish I was brave enough to go up to people and ask the questions I'm dieing to ask. Too bad we don't know the ending to this one.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am curious, but shy. I would not have enough nerve to go up to someone and ask what they are doing. Thank you!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Martha said...

I think I would have had to wait to watch for myself!

Mevely317 said...

Oooooh noooo! Well, one things for sure. You won't easily be forgotten.

If they were so dadgummed worried about privacy, they could have at least hired security to keep ICB-ers away. Love that acronym!

Forsythia said...

I am glad you asked, because otherwise you would have suffered unbearable torment and would be unable to answer "no" to that nosey question, "Have you any regrets?"

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How curious! But I'm stopping by to say I hope this bad ole storm weakens! I'm keeping you in my prayers. Please pray for us too! Sweet hugs, Diane

Rose said...

You never know until you ask...they can only tell you no, or none of your business...I do wish you had the results of their photo shoot to show us.

My Mind's Eye said...

I suffer from ICB too Sandra ...nearly every thing I see raises questions...that mostly have no answers.
Great post....
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

You are a hoot, Sandra. Love this blast from the past.
I love your curiosity and boldness to ask questions.
I wonder if the models ever showed up !!
Sue

jp@A Green Ridge said...

LOL!!! Too flipping funny...perhaps you'll see their photos and remember the scene!...:)jp

Chatty Crone said...

You are so brave to do that!

Diana said...

The photo they describe sounds like one that's been done many times before over the years for online memes. (And the girls are always in skimpy bikinis, of course.) Maybe you'll find out the "rest of the story!"

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for you! It's a bummer that we can't see how the photo turned out and more about the contest.

Betty Manousos said...

i'm glad you asked. good for you! i'm curious, so i might go up to people and ask what they are doing. of course, in a polite manner. too bad we don't know how the photo turned out.