Saturday, November 14, 2020

The Miracle!

 


I am late today! I had Eta Storm Am and PM, two posts set to go for today and Sunday.

But then yesterday a miracle happened, make that 2 miracles and I pulled them to do this post.

Tuesday Nov, 10, The day before Eta, the TS/Hurricane/TS came to visit, on the 11th, our work of art, the dead grapefruit tree, fell over. the wind was just to much for it.

Good news was it was dead and needed to come down.
Bad news is, I knew Bob would be out there the next day with a CHAIN SAW.
I spent a lot of time catastrophizing over the chain saw, in fact the whole day it rained and blew, I thought about that chain saw.

Friday the 13th, we walked Beau, at at 7 am, Bob and the electric chain saw went out to cup up the tree.
Leaving me in the house, because I bent over in the kitchen and my trick back went out.

All I could do was hobble to the rocker with my laptop, that way I could hear and see the chainsaw wielding 84 year old, and call 911 if necessary.

Not only was I fretting over cut off legs and arms, but the chance of sawing through the electric cord and being electrocuted was in the front of my mind.
I planned on runnng with cell in hand talking to 911 and jerking the plug out of the wall as I ran, or grabbing a towel to use as a tourniquet, then i remembered they say that is not good now and I was trying to remember what to do.
any whoooo

A minor miracle occurred, after about 30 minutes, my back quit hurting.

I went out to drag what he cut off to the piles. Bend and stoop, owie! Bend and stoop, owie!

All photos were taken After the major miracle, when we were done with it all.....after the fact!
As he sawed and sawed, and I dragged and piled, I eyed the trunk of the tree, I was about 26 inches around and had a stump I knew we could not cut up or move.
the piles grew.

the logs got bigger and heavier, I could not lift them, so he sawed and moved the pieces.
My catastrophizer was at Warp Speed.
Suddenly a pickup truck pulled in the driver way and a handsome knight young man, got out and said I can get the rest of that for you. I said how much will you charge us?

He said with a big smile, NOTHING, I just stopped to help, as he pulled out his chain saw!
He said, I can finish that up for you in five minutes and cranked up his saw.

I got tears in my eyes and wandered out of the way of the flying sawdust, and  noticed the sign on the side of his truck. It said Freebird Solutions, we do anything.
listed was Chimney sweep, painting, tree removals, replacing windows and doors. and much more, in other words HANDY MAN.
He saw and threw giant logs on this pile 

and yanked that big stump up and out and flung it on the pile


NO, he did not cut off my foot, that is for perspective on size of trunk, all the grass you see was attached to said stump!

While watching this young kind miracle worker, I planned what  I would say when the noise stopped.
You see, hubby has the heart and mind of a 40 year old, but the body of an 84 year old who had a stroke. I have been after him for a year to let me call for an estimate on a few things needed to be done. he refused loudly. something about not paying anyone to do what he can do himself, except nothing is getting done.
All of that is why I call this a miracle.. I said to Jason, do you pressure wash? paint houses? get palm trees off a fence? 
YES! oh YES! he gave a few guesstimates to get my brain started and said where is the palm on the fence. 
We raced off to the back yard, before bob could stop me, and he said, Oh yes, I can do that for you, 150 to remove the palm, it is huge by the way, about 25 feet tall, the backyard neighbors tree.
The thing is, the fence was propped up since Irma took it down in 2017. waiting for two sections of fence that we have had leaning on the side of the house for 3 years, waiting to be put up.

He said I will go to their house and ask permission to go through their yard. I said how about if you took down the old fence, moved the tree and put up two sections of the fence.

I kid you not, I have had many sleepless nights fretting over that fence, the famous one where the Big Beautiful Beau did his Houdini escape through the hole.

I know this is long but I must tell the story. Jason will be doing that job soon. He said get the list of handy stuff ready and he will give me an estimate.
Bob said nothing. but he did wake up this morning and the first thing out of his mouth, Is I don't trust him, he is to nice, no one is that nice, I would not do that job for that money.
OMG!  I said, God sends us a miracle worker and you question it because he is TOO NICE?
then he said is he going to charge the neighbor for removing their tree off our fence?
YOU do NOT want to know the rest of the conversation..


this is the tree waiting for pickup. Usually they pick up things like this with a huge claw truck, on Tuesdays.
At 3 PM on Friday the 13th, the 3rd miracle happened.
I heard a lot of noise, it kept on making noise, I put my book down and there it was.
The Claw Truck, and within 15 minutes the tree was gone as though it were never there.
I took 12 avocados out and gave to the driver.
I do believe this was all meant to be.\
I went out, you do now want to know how bad I looked, we both looked like Old People Struggling, and God sent a man who cared enough to help, and the claw came right behind him.

Hopefully the fence will be the 4th miracle with may a house being painted in the near future.

PS!  we both were able to get out of bed this morning, but it was really hard. After we walked Beau, we were better. As I type while in rocker, he is out pumping out the nasty green stuff from the pool...











26 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Sandra this is brilliant news! Full pictorial rendition as and when, okay?! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Sandra....please tell my Daddy's brother from another mother that all things happen for a reason...sometimes we don't see the reason. Luckily you did and you will continue so see it is JASON your guardian angel. He did not have to STOP. He did. Timing was everything: you and Bob out there just as Jason passed. As Alabama's Song says: There are angels Among US. If you aren't familiar with it ask GiGi Google to find it for you.
I'm so thankful you back is at full function and that Bob did not get injured.
Hugs Cecilia

Ann said...

Oh this all is a miracle and I'm so happy that it happened. Bob may not like it but maybe deep down he'll appreciate it. I doubt he'll admit it but he just might be happy about it when it's done.

Rose said...

Oh, what a good story to read...miracles do happen. It will be worth a fortune to have the things done...the not having to worry about them will be like a two ton weight lifted. And that he showed up when he did...I still cannot get over it.

Inger said...

This entire story is a miracle and also gives one hope in these troubled times. It's a miracle that he happened to come by and then all the rest of it is such a blessing.

I'm sure this nice man will continue to be nice, do a great job, or jobs,and will in the end prove Bob wrong.

Cranberry Morning said...

This is such great news. In a world of not great news, I thank God for people like Jason who help truly just to help. When God sends a miracle and we think it's just too good to be true?..sigh. But I think that might be common to very self-sufficient men. I know another one of those. LOL

Hootin Anni said...

Praise be!! Ten lashes for Bob not trusting...there ARE GOOD PEOPLE out there in this world. I know, deep down he is thankful. And, he should be.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra,

There are good people or angels among us! I am so happy that Jason finished off the chain saw cutting and gave your estimates for the other work. I know you are worried that beau can get out of the yard. The handyman will save Bob a lot of hard work and you from worrying too much. Loved the story. Take care and have a great day!

Mevely317 said...

You KNOW, don't you ... Bob and my Tom are cut from the same cloth.
Our front yard still looks despicable, but he's not done anything about it and (so far) refuses to call the man our neighbor recommended. I wonder if your Jason makes road trips? :)
Seriously, I'm so happy for you that he came along when he did.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm back...to appease Bud, he wanted me to tell you to tell Bob "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

...there you have it.

Forsythia said...

The Bobs of the world will continue to be Bobs, probably. Meanwhile, nothing gets done. The husband of a friend of mine believed the words of radio evangelist Harold Camping, who predicted the world would end in Oct 2011. My friend was so frustrated. She said, "Now he has the prefect excuse not to fix the door on the storage shed." World didn't end, and the her husband died. She's found a good handyman.

Martha said...

I am SO happy for you! I can totally relate to the miracle of it all. My husband is the same way as Bob. There are so many things both inside and outside that need to be done. He's been home since March and not a single thing has been taken care of!

Gayle said...

In Bob's defense there are a lot of shady people out there preying on senior citizens.
Sounds like this fella is in business and hopefully keeps honest records. (I would have googled him as soon as he left)
Don't misunderstand me, I know there are also honest saints out there. (My hubby was one of them in his younger years and still jumps to the aid of others when he can.)
But that's just it. He, Bob and others have always taken care of others and facing the reality that they can no longer keep up the pace is a crushing blow which they don't quite know how to express so they just growl.

photowannabe said...

You know Sandra...I have tears in my eyes..God is good and you definitely had a major overload of miracles.
ANGELS come in all sorts of disguises.
Happy day for you and Bob.
Sue

Terra said...

God sent you that Knight, what a kind and talented young man, and I am glad you have hired him to do more jobs. I hope you tell your neighbors about him, they may want to hire him too. God is good.

Betty Manousos said...

loved reading this story.oh, yes. this all is a miracle indeed. i'm so happy for you! i strongly believe they are angels among us.

have a great day!
xoxoxo

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so happy for you!!! 👏👍

Ruth Hiebert said...

God really does send His angels our way.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your story LITERALLY gave me chills!!! This man is an angel. And Bob does not deserve to even complain or say a word. Because he did not do any of these chores, or even arrange to have someone else to do them. He missed his chance. An early Christmas present!!! You deserve all the good things that come your way, you have been having such a hard time.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. You think ahead to all eventualities, like me. WAY ahead. This way, you are totally prepared for whatever may happen. And pleasantly surprised if nothing does.

Grandma C said...

Wow! I wondered how you both did during the storm. A big thank you going out to your miracle workers.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Yep, they are definitely related!! And you certainly had a guardian angel on your shoulder, between your back recovering so quickly, finding Jason and getting everything cleaned up without the man of the house (or you) getting seriously hurt! When we take on tasks like that, I am always so grateful that we can and did!!...:)jp

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness what a Miracle Story this was! You and Bob have been blessed. I think many of us have the hubby who thinks he can do it all alone. Our SIL Jake is the one guy if he lived closer to us would be here helping us all the time. I give him recipes, photos of Hannah from her childhood and he does so many wonderful projects. I need to find a Jason. It seems the projects just add up each day and week and month.
I sure loved hearing this and look forward to hearing more wonderful stories from you. It is true there are good souls, we just seem to pass them by most times. I am glad you and Jason connected. I wish you all well. Take care.
Hugs and LOVE to you and Bob.

DeniseinVA said...

Wow! I am catching up on a lot! Great post and so glad you got your miracle guy to help out. What an angel! There are good people out there.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is definitely a miracle and I'm so happy you followed through with him. Can't believe you two worked on that tree. I know that I already get mad at Mark and he's not Bob's age. So much better to pay for it to be done then to end up in the hospital.

Ida said...

I've been so busy making cards that I haven't dropped by for awhile. I did want to say this was an awesome post and isn't it wonderful that God works in such mysterious ways.