Saturday, March 6, 2021

Kitty Wells Spanish Bean Soup

 


My Minds Eye, Madi's Mom,  emailed me her recipe for Kitty Wells Spanish Bean Soup.

On a cold day last week, I decided to do MY Version.
My motto is always take the short cuts when cooking.
It was delish.

Mad Snapper Bean Soup

All You need is a can opener and a POT
Throw Hillshire Smoked Sausage Slices in pot.
1 can of Northern Beans, drained and not dried
1 can of diced potatoes, drained
1 large can of diced tomatoes
Sprinkle dried onion bits and pepper in it.
cover to top of ingredients with water
Bring to boil, simmer for an hour or more

The Real Recipe from MM

4 cans Garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried
1 medium onion chopped
1 package Polish Kielbasa
3 or 4 medium potatoes chopped
44 OZ diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions
Crock pot or Stove top pot
Add ingredients as follows
Kielbasa, potatoes, onions and then tomatoes.
Cover ingredients to top, with water, boil, reduce heat, simmer on low for 1 hour or until potatoes are done.
Crock pot, cook on high for 1 hour, stir to mix the turn crock to low for 4 hours. check potatoes to see if done.



25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awesome! Another healthy and filling dish for you!

Tigger's Mum said...

My humans would destroy it with chillies and bits of 'salad' (green stuff they call 'herbs'). Enjoy your soup. xxx Mr T

crafty cat corner said...

Sounds lovely, I’m all for short cuts lol
Briony
X

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Sandra

Sounds yummy, I always like shortcuts!

Thanks for sharing! Have a happy day and a great weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

I love soup!!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There is nothing quite like hot soup on a cold day!

Ann said...

YUM that sounds good. I might just have to try it. I like things that are easy

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I'd use this - but in place of sausage, sprinkle lots of grated cheese once cooked! YAM xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Since we love soup, this one may be in our future meal plans, Sandra, along with homemade bread. It has all the jngredients we like, both your version and the original and hot dogs would also work.

My Mind's Eye said...

Well done with the quick and easy. I never thought of using canned potatoes...that would make it lickety split quick
Hugs Cecilia

Forsythia said...

Been wanting to get rid of some cans of garbanzo beans. Thanks for the recipe!

Rose said...

Yum! I wonder if Roger would like this.

Mevely317 said...

Since I woke up with a sore throat, this sounds delicious.... not unlike camp stew. We already did the grocery run yesterday, but I'm still going to clip and paste this recipe. Thanks!

Inger said...

Looks delicious!

Pam said...

Yum...sorry I don't get over to see your blog often. I hardly ever reply to folks off the furbabe blog....wanted to drop in and check on you and Bob and your fur.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sound yummy!

Martha said...

Both recipes sound good, thanks for sharing!

Chatty Crone said...

Looks good.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It's fun to tweak a great recipe and then have it turn out great too. Anything with sausage or kielbasa sounds great to Mom.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

CheerfulMonk said...

You're a cook after my own heart!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That looks really tasty.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

YUM!...this sounds great!...jp

Carol Henstra said...

Sid's favorite and at times we put miniature meatballs but seeing he is in home care I have never made it. He made soups from scratch. He was our family cook for my family and the Grandkids.

Yours is quick all right but must be good.

Betty Manousos said...

this sounds delicious! thanks for the great recipe. have saved it in my favorites and will definitely make it for dinner tomorrow.

DeniseinVA said...

Great recipe and I like the time saving one you made.